Throughout my 16 year professional sales career I’ve excelled at selling cutting edge technology software, hardware and services. In recent years I have witnessed the rapid adoption of multi-tenancy informatics and analytics platforms in the drug development industry to aid in their growing “big data” management challenges. My goal is to leverage my extensive sales, engineering and IT experience procure a business development position in this space.
- General Aviation (Previous holder of FAA Private Pilot’s License)
- Golf (2.7 USGA Index)
- Tennis (3.5 USTA rating).
Dec 2010 - Jan 2013
Director, Business Development
- Head up sales team responsible for $6million in annual incremental new business for a regional technology integrator specializing in Information Technology (Cisco, Polycom, NetApp, Dell, Microsoft), Physical Security SaaS, Iaas, and PaaS Solutions (PSIM) and Video Teleconferencing.
- Initiated cloud-based services model to drive recurring revenues and deepen existing relationships.
- Overhauled proposal-writing and quotations to leverage some of the company’s abandoned technology investments and streamline sales processes.
- Initiated channel-sales partnerships. Partnerships have contributed 20% of annual ongoing top line revenues at 2x typical margins.
- Expanded existing relationships with corporate clients to introduce new lines business.
- Individually contributed over $2 million in sales in 2011 (Quota at $1.5million).
- Led 4-person sales team to $12million in 2012 top line revenue while increasing gross profit margins by 20%.
Aug 2009 - Dec 2010
Vice President, Business Development
•Reported directly to the managing partner of a startup 35-person international management consulting firm.
•Grew existing business relationships at one telecommunications firm from 10 to more than 35 billable consultants in 1 year.
•Responsible for all sales, marketing and business development for the firm specializing in program/project management, service-oriented architecture and vendor management for Fortune 1000 companies.
•Cultivates current business opportunities and develops new revenue streams through prospecting and networking.
•Honed the corporate focus from that of a startup general consulting firm to one specializing in program/project management to streamline marketing message.
•Developed marketing material from nothing into corporate presentations with case study library.
•Initiated quarterly corporate-wide opportunity tracking meetings.
•Established annual corporate goals and focused business marketing efforts to better align with service offerings.
•Identified and met with the firm’s top twenty business targets within six months of hire to discuss corporate profile and potential projects.
•Helped prepare company for disposition to an acquiring firm in December 2010.
Jul 2001 - Aug 2009
•Responsible for selling innovative technology investment/research platform to corporate clients for private labeling use.
•Sold corporate line of 401k/403b plans to small-mid size corporations and associations. Exceeded sales goals in every year of employment (>$5 million new assets per year).
•Key consultant on the sale of six privately held companies. Aggregate total sales price of over $100 million.
Aug 1999 - Jul 2001
Director of Content Partnership Sales
- Hired on as the 40th employee of private company in August 1999. Helped to take the company through its Initial Public Offering (November 1999) and its subsequent follow-on offering (February 2000) to secure long-term operating capital for the foreseeable future.
- Attained in excess of $4.5 million in annual revenues, 2000.
- Top sales revenues for 2000 (out of sales/BD staff of 25)
- Implemented new revenue stream for company exceeding analyst and corporate expectations 3x in 2000.
- Negotiated several multi-million dollar annual contracts to solidify corporate revenues quarter over quarter.
- Responsibilities included procuring and developing relationships with companies to leverage internal host of direct marketing products. Responsible for turnkey sales as well as in-house custom made solutions.
- Responsible for packaging advertising, registration acquisition and content delivery services into proposals to further engage corporate entities and solidify the business to business ties with several internet-based and Fortune 1000 companies.
- Managed entire Content Revenue Department (Three Direct Reports) and reported directly to the President.
Jun 1997 - Aug 1999
Sr. Building Systems Sales Rep
- Responsible for territorial sales of mid-size, commercial building automation systems and proprietary software. Sales of customized building automation systems (fire alarm systems, security systems, and sound systems).
- Analyzed and constructed custom bids for large regional construction projects.
- Promoted in 1998 to National Accounts. Software and systems designed to meet site-specific requirements sold to major assisted living facility providers (Marriott, et al).
- Secured company as sole source provider for one division of Marriott's operations.
- Achieved over 125% quota in first year ($750,000) & President's Club.
- Attained 100% quota for 1999 ($850,000).
Sep 1989 - Dec 1993
Bachelor of Sciences
- Helped test and develop Merlin-Dash software for bridge design.
- Dean's List
- Member Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity (treasurer for one year).