To leverage my continuing studies and contribute to a company that utilizes my business and economic skills, along with furthering my knowledge and experience to ensure future employment in this field.
I have many interests and hobbies which include but are not limited to the following:
- Going to the movies.
- Learning new languages.
- Listening to music.
- Playing team sports.
- Rock climbing.
- Socializing with friends/neighbors.
- Weight training.
Welcome to my VisualCV. Here you will learn about me and my life. You will also be able to learn about my job history and my qualifications. Thanks for taking a look.
My name is Joshua Smith and I was born on November 20th in 1980. I was born in Oklahoma City and lived out my childhood in Yukon. My mother, Johnnie, has run a successful plasma donation center here in the Oklahoma City area for over 30 years. She has dedicated her life to making sure her children had what she never had and that is why she is one of my biggest inspirations and supporters. Without her I wouldn't be the dedicated and hard working person I am today.
I have one older brother, Jason, who graduated from Yukon in 1994 and has dedicated his life to helping those less fortunate young men who have been led down the wrong path. Since we both grew up without a father he has taken it upon himself to try and help as many young men get their lives straightened out by mentoring them and guiding them through life's obstacles.
As for me I graduated from High School in 1999 from Yukon and has since graduated from the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO). While attending UCO I learned many things while also getting my Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) with minors in Marketing and Real Estate. In the years to come I hope to gain a great job with a reputable company to help me continue to grow not only as a businessman but also as a person.
Aug 2011 - Present
D and J Trucking
D and J Trucking is a local family owned trucking company located in Newalla, Oklahoma. We specialize in hauling sand and gravel products locally to homes and businesses in the Oklahoma City area.
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining files and processing paperwork.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish task management.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them.
- Using computers and computer systems to set up functions, enter data, or process information.
Sep 2010 - Aug 2011
Office Claims Representative - OCR
The Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is a Swiss owned personal lines property and casualty insurance group providing homeowners insurance, auto insurance, life insurance, and financial services. It is the third largest insurer of both private passenger auto and homeowners insurance in the US servicing over 10 million households in 41 states.
- Able to type accurately at a rate of 40 wpm while utilizing writing skills to write reports on claims.
- Controlled claims through the resolution process to minimize current exposure and future risks.
- Reviewed collision damage reports and photos to determine the company’s extent of liability.
- Adjusted, managed, and settled collision claims within the given seven day time frame.
- Being able to multitask and work independently within a time sensitive environment.
- Consistent in completing customer call backs immediately to resolve any customer concerns.
May 2009 - Mar 2011
Abercrombie & Fitch is the most successful specialty retailer in operation today. Their casual, classic, all-American lifestyle brand of clothing is synonymous with quality and encompasses four concepts: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks.
- Developed and maintained positive relationships through customer service to help retain customers.
- Successfully handled large crowds of people during demanding sales events and holidays.
- Demonstrated proficiency and in-depth knowledge of all products offered and sold.
- Honed my communication skills to properly enhance my customer service skills.
- Handled all customer issues with understanding and a satisfying resolution.
Nov 2006 - Aug 2007
The Buckle, Inc. is a leading retailer of medium to better–priced casual apparel, footwear and accessories for fashion–conscious young men and women. The Company currently operates over 400 stores in 41 states, under the names Buckle and The Buckle.
- Mainly focused on sales and good customer service.
- Built relationships through good customer service to help retain customers.
- Created the most enjoyable shopping experience possible.
Internet & E-mail Skills
Customer Service Skills
Jan 2008 - May 2010
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Got a broad-based education that focused on a lot more than business-related courses.
- Coursework prepared me to work in a variety of settings including business and government.
- Learned how to work well and interconnect in a group setting.