Talented and enthusiastic finance leader with broad financial and operational experience in consumer products industry. Superior technical expertise in diversified areas of financial management, internal and external SEC reporting, accounting and controls. Exceptional supervisory and interpersonal skills directing teams to support achievement of overall corporate goals and objectives. Recognized for excellent presentation skills and ability to identify process efficiencies and cost reductions.
Jul 2008 - Present
Director - Financial Planning & Analysis
- Direct and manage consolidated budgeting and forecasting functions timely and in accordance with GAAP.
- Direct compilation of the Company’s annual operating and capital budget process designed to achieve the company’s targeted goals and investment returns.
- Provide periodic updates to budget and multi-year plans and insight into risk and opportunities with respect to Earnings, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Develop and maintain the Company’s financial forecasting model.
- Publish monthly internal financial statement package versus the budget and provide monthly financial analysis and commentary for the Board of Directors and senior management.
- Review all capital project expenditure requests and prepare materials and organize Finance Committee and Board review of projects requiring their approval.
- Develop all financial presentations used for Board of Director, Committee and senior management meetings.
Jul 2004 - Present
Special Projects and Accomplishments
- June 2008 - Led the reorganization of Finance and Accounting areas, which better aligned Corporate and subsidiary responsibilities.
- March 2008 - Co-lead for Project Propel, UST’s initiative to create a Shared Services function (annual savings ~ $5 million and consolidation of 9 service departments company-wide).
- March 2007 – One of the founding members and a steering committee representative for UST’s Women’s Initiative Network (WIN).Ongoing commitment, including member of Mentoring team.
- December 2006 - Recognized by the CEO as one of the Company’s key members of management (non-officers).
- September 2004 – Assisted in the creation of the Internal Controls and Compliance group under the Controller organization to complete all Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
Oct 2005 - Jul 2008
Director - Internal Audit
- Oversaw daily operations of Financial and IT audit departments, ensuring efficient and timely completion of audit engagements, appropriate resource allocation and staff development.
- Developed and managed the Company’s first predominantly operational audit plan in 2005-2006; developed subsequent operational audit plans based on key learnings and direction from Audit Committee/Management.
- Completed documentation of all audit reports, including related issues and recommendations, for distribution to the Audit Committee and management.
- Prepared correspondence, audit plan status and engagement updates for distribution at Audit Committee meetings.
- Attended all Audit Committee meetings and presented periodic audit plan updates, as well as gave presentations on specific audit topics.
- Completed Quality Assessment process in January 2007; determined to be in compliance with all professional standards by external validation by Institute of Internal Auditors.
Jul 2004 - Oct 2005
Manager - Corporate Financial Reporting
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of SEC quarterly (Form 10-Q) and annual reports (Form10-K) and review of all financial press releases.
- Prepared and coordinated filings related to other registration statements, including Form 8-K and Form 11-K.
- Coordinated flow of information with external auditors, including year-end audit and ad hoc accounting issues, disclosure support, etc.
- Researched, reviewed, evaluated and documented new accounting pronouncements, SEC rules, and regulations, including the related impact to the Company.
- Reviewed accounting literature to conclude on propriety of treatment of accounting events and related financial disclosures to monitor potential reporting issues.
- Performed financial accounting and reporting of all aspects of equity including: earnings per share calculations, stock buy-backs, stock issuance, and employee stock based compensation.
Jan 2004 - Jul 2004
Manager - Financial Reporting
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of the Company’s SEC filings.
- Provided analysis and interpretation of accounting pronouncements, theory and accounting rules/regulations.
- Served as a member of the Sarbanes-Oxley Committee; drafted the Company’s initial SOX 404 certifications and related processes.
Nov 2000 - Jan 2004
Senior Financial Analyst
- Oversaw all aspects of the corporate accounting function, including activity processed through the finance / accounting systems from accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, the inventory and sales cycles and other general accounting functions.
- Supervised and trained corporate accounting staff of two staff accountants and five bookkeepers.
- Managed communications with the Company’s external auditors, KPMG LLP, for the planning and completion of quarterly reviews, the fiscal year-end audit and the audit of the Company’s four pension plans.
- Assisted in the preparation of the Company’s SEC filings and the Annual Report.
- Supervised and managed the monthly consolidation of divisional and corporate ledgers, as well coordinated the year-end general ledger close; served as corporate liaison between divisional accounting staffs.
- Prepared the corporate annual budget and organized the consolidation of the Company-wide budget.
- Prepared quarterly and annual forecast and cash flow analyses, as well as other reports and schedules, for distribution to the Board of Directors.
- Served as investor relations in the corporate office by handling telephone inquiries made to the Company for financial information.
May 1999 - Nov 2000
- Oversaw the general ledger accounting function of the University.
- Assisted in the preparation of financial statements and performed all analytical reviews for the preparation of the financial statements, year-end consolidation and month-end general ledger close.
- Performed the monthly market value analysis and general ledger reconciliation for University investments, which include the Endowment portfolio of approximately $100 million of varied equity and bond holdings.
Aug 1997 - May 1999
- Reviewed software license contracts and calculate software revenue recognition for North America.
- Prepared the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis” section, as well as the Notes to the Financial Statements, for SEC filings on Form 10-Q/10-K.
- Managed corporate accounting and consolidation for Hyperion’s Italian and Nordic subsidiaries.
- Performed European subsidiary financial reviews and internal control audits.
Aug 1995 - Aug 1997
- Performed audit engagements across all industry lines.Clients included:▪ Playtex Products, Inc.▪ Save the Children▪ Yonkers Raceway
- Planned assignments, reviewed workpapers and supervised staff accountants on day to day audits.
2004 - 2008
Aug 1991 - May 1995
- Minor in Italian