I am a results-driven senior technology professional with expertise leading large IT organizations in a complex, global company. Progressive management career highlighted by the ability to create successful teams focused on the achievement of global, cross functional business solutions. My accomplishments show a proven ability to deliver pragmatic IT solutions from strategy development through implementation and operations. I have significant experience working with Senior Business leadership to understand business needs and design and implement solutions to meet their requirements.
- Automotive Manufacturing
- Distribution (Electronic Media)
- Apparel Distribution
- IT Strategy Development and Execution
- Portfolio and Project Management, PMP Certified
- Financial Planning and Management
- Multi-vendor Outsourcing
- Offshore Resource Utilization
- BI/Data Warehousing
- Team Building and Leadership
- Sustain Operations and Preventive maintenance, ITIL Certification
- International Solution Implementation
- Cross-functional Delivery
- Profitability Analysis
- Information Architecture
- Vendor RFI/RFP creation and selection
- Project/Program Management: PMP Certified, expert in GM's System Development Methodology
- Databases: DB2, Oracle, MS SQL, Access
- Platforms: Mainframe, Unix, Windows
- Business Intelligence: Microstrategy, Cognos, Hyperion Essbase, Planning and Financial Management, Microsoft Analysis Services, Oracle Data Warehousing
- Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) Tools: Datastage, Informatica, Hyperion FDM
- Languages: Cobol, .NET, SQL, Assembler, Java
- Project/Office Tools: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Visio, Sharepoint
- ERP Packages: SAP Financials (Limited), Peoplesoft HR (Limited), PRISM
May 2000 - Present
Senior Manager, Finance Systems
Directed strategy, architecture, development, integration, implementation and support for all Finance Reporting and Analytics information systems globally. Managed 5 internal resources, 200+ consultants/contractors and $40M+ annual budget.
- Established Finance Reporting strategy including profit analysis, contribution margin reporting, budget and forecasting, incentive auditing and forecasting, sales analysis, consolidations and pricing and costing.
- Implemented Finance Outsourcing Strategy aligned with GM's Corporate Outsourcing Strategy.
- Reduced operating costs and customer satisfaction by leading the deployment of a global infrastructure and support model to deliver GM's Business Intelligence solutions including platforms for Datastage, Oracle, Hyperion, Microstrategy and Cognos.
- Championed corporate Data Warehousing strategy and guidelines to be utilized by all business intelligence solutions developed at GM.
- Implemented a Preventive Maintenance and Application Monitoring Strategy to improve end user support and reduce operational incidents.
1997 - 2000
Program and Service Director
Pharmacia and Upjohn Company
Managed the Project Management resources of the corporation through the creation of a PM Service Organization. Lead the creation and deployment of a common project management process and methodology across the IT organization. Architected and deployed a common Data Warehousing service used as the foundation for all Business Intelligence programs.
- Increased project success while reducing project cost via the implementation of a common project management service.
- Successfully implemented a $35M multi-phased program to provide re-engineered business process for sales and marketing representatives. Provided overall program management functions including budget management, requirements verification, vendor staffing, sustain transition, tracking and reporting.
1996 - 1997
Project Manager / Senior Systems Analyst
Sara Lee Company
Designed and implemented inventory control systems for the Knit Products Division of the corporation. Major focus was on leveraging new technology to automate the warehouse distribution process.
- Engineered and delivered a cutting-edge automated warehouse control system. The highlights of the system were the use of radio controlled order picking and inventory control.
- Responsible for all project management tasks and responsibilities.
1989 - 1996
Manager of a 25+ member development staff responsible for all information technology systems for the companies 15 distribution centers. Architected and implemented complex order management and inventory control algorithms and solutions focused on improving distribution center throughput.
- Deployed the company's first integrated ERP system (PRISM) which consisted of Purchasing, Order Processing and Inventory Control.
- Participated in the outsourcing of company's mainframe hardware and services to third party organization.
- Assisted in the creation of overall IT Strategic Plan.
- Lead engineering and software efforts for the implementation of an "industry first" automated picking system for the fulfillment of entertainment media.