International Customer Service/Project Manager
Leviton’s Lighting Management Systems business unit provides performance lighting control and fixtures for entertainment venues, plus dimming, relay, occupancy sensor and related control systems for energy management in architectural and commercial applications.
Please note: Additional information on Notable Projects can be found on the Leviton website, http://lms.leviton.com, as featured Case Studies.
Logistics coordinator of product for four major product lines, order processing, coordination with internal departments, completion of customs compliance documentation, negotiation with sales developers, agents and distribution network in all foreign markets.
Notable project: National Printing Bureau, Quebec, Canada
- Coordination and proactive effort to deploy needed equipment to jobsite in under 60 days, less than 50% of standard lead time.
- Broad use of graphic user interface (GUI) control of 3 floors and basement in a large application requiring over 2000 relays in more than 80 cabinets. By comparison, most projects would have less than 100 relays in 3-5 cabinets.
- Improved staff efficiency by more than 25% by producing 4 separate ISO 9001 Work Instructions for position, standardizing procedureboth internally and externally.
- Over a 3-month period, created and then maintained ISO 9001 controlled document templates, improving staff efficiency by an additional 25%.
- Coordinated establishment of a new sales office in Dubai (United Arab Emirates), including demonstration equipment, sales literature and product training materials.
- Reduced customer complaints by 60% and product returns by over 30% by creating step-by-step description of process for Latin American distributors.
- Created and maintained centralized archiving, simplifying follow up research by customer service and technical support teams.
- Developed and implemented training program with three co-workers, still in use.
- Worked with Director of International Business Development and Vice President of International Sales to develop a consistent international sales program.