- Hyderabad Telangana
Building volumes consistently through Relationship management with Key clients & focus on the two key metrics – Distribution Reach & Counter share. Offering more value added services – Lower Inventory Holdings, in-shop promotions, targeted local BTL activities.
Building & Successfully executing Strategies for profitable growth of business founded on Insights from Strong Date crunching abilities & on-ground realities.
Developed successfully the ‘Frost free’ segment in TN, Volume growth in the fiercely competitive, low growth commodity Industry in Mozambique
Turning around Business
Focusing on Systems, Processes & deep understanding of the value eroders in the Income Statement to turn around business.
Turning around the Oil Refining facility currently (in capacity of CEO), Successfully turned around the Flour business in Nacala through volume push & increased product offerings through the existing distribution setup, Reducing Loss ratio through focus on more profitable Insurance products.
Handling teams across functions & ethnicities, driving towards the common goal of profitable growth.
Handled teams across Finance, HR, Sales, and Marketing across various assignments with teams ranging from Indian, Mozambican, Kenyan, Portuguese nationalities
New Product Developement
Developing new offerings through strong understanding of consumer behavior & behavioral trends.
Launched the Front loading Washing machine segment in Whirlpool, Premium branded Rice in Mozambique, Introduced smaller SKU sizes to cater to specific requirements, Lower priced Flour brand to cater to the informal market.
Distribution Centre Manager
Apr 2015 - Present
Royal Canin India Pvt Ltd
Heading the business in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu & Kerala
Key Roles :
- Spearheading all Sales, Marketing & Logistics related activities in the same state.
- Handling a team of 7 Sales Associates, 11 Logistics Associates
- Initiated new strategies for Business growth - Customized Scheme Management; Focus on new growth vectors, Scheme reimbursements based on Secondary sales
- Grew the business by 24% YoY while reducing DSO by 30% within 7 months
Chief Executive Officer
Mar 2014 - Mar 2015
Faberol S.A., Mozambique
Chief Executive Officer of the US $20 Million company handling the Turnaround of the Business.
Key Roles :
- Implementing Control processes & Standard Operating Procedures across functions
- Cost rationalisation & Improving efficiencies
- Tie-ups with leading Retail chains to ensure guaranteed Sales Volumes.
- Expanding Distribution presence across the country
- Discussions with Prospective Investors on an ongoing basis.
- Handling a team of 8 Expatriates & 182 Local employees
- Successfully negotiated credit lines with two new Crude Oil suppliers to reduce WC requirement
- Reduced market Outstandings from 40 days to 23 days currently.
- Re-negotiated terms with all suppliers to streamline payment processes.
- Introduced the concept of private labelling in Mozambique reducing idletime & increasing throughput of the Refinery. Increase of throughput to 65% by November 2015.
National Sales Manager
May 2013 - Mar 2014
Bakhresa Grain Milling, Mozambique
- Key Responsibilities included Market Forecasting, Pricing Management, Distribution Management, Brand Management, Credit Risk Management.
- Increased product offering to existing Distribution channel resulting in additional monthly volumes of 800 Metric Tons & a bottom line of US $ 50,000 monthly.
- Handling a team of 5 Expatriates & 15 Local employees
- Increased volume by 84% in the Flour business from 3,800 MT and a Market Share of 35% to over 7,000 MT with a MS of 80%
- New product launch to preserve Market share & fight lower priced competition. Captured a market share of 30% in the first 6 months itself
Profit Centre Head
Jun 2012 - May 2013
- Responsible for the Profit & Loss Management of Imports business in Mozambique & Zimbabwe
- Key Responsibilities –Currency management, Credit Risk management, Position taking, Distribution management, Brand Management apart from the complete operations of Warehousing, Shipping & Sales.
- Handling a team of 10 Expatriates & 100 Local Employees.
- Growth of Revenue from US $ 83 Million in 2011/12 to US $ 100 Million in 2012/13
- Became the largest Rice importer in the country with a MS of 28.7% overall
- Reduction of Inventory holding from 75 days to about 60 days.
- Flagship brand awarded “Melhor Marcas de Mozambique” (Best Brands of Mozambique) in 2012.
Cluster Head, Southern AP
Jan 2009 - Aug 2009
ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- Building business relations with new Channels in a highly competitive market.
- Working on Mix of business with focus on reducing Loss Ratio.
- Best Branch for Two Consecutive Months – Jul & Aug 2009.
- Built business three fold from Rs. 18 L p.m. to Rs. 54 L p.m. in the cluster with a loss ratio reduction from 108% to 93%.
Sales Head - 160by2
Jan 2008 - Dec 2008
SMSCountry Networks Private Limited
- Sales Head for Indian& Over-seas Sales for SMSCountry
- Launch of the mobile advertising platform – 160by2
- Development of the Mobile Advertising Algorithm through Pattern identification.
Branch Sales Manager
Jun 2005 - Dec 2007
Whirlpool of India Limited
Branch Sales Manager – Kerala
- Grew the branch sales from Rs. 8 Cr. Per month to over Rs. 11 Cr. per month.
- Awarded the 2nd Best branch award for the Highest ever Sales in 2007.
Product Manager – Front Loading Washing Machines & Dryers
- Re-launched the Front Loading Washing machines & 100% Clothes dryer.
- Successfully handled two Product Launches Independently
Deputy Manager – Sales Strategy
- Strategy Development to combat the entrenched market players in Specific segments. Created the “Frost Control” strategy to combat LG’s leadership in Frost Free Refrigerators.
Management Trainee, Chennai
- Business Model creation for setting-up Brand Shops of Whirlpool in India with an interactive Revenue model to calculate profitability for each Brand shop.
- Best Management Trainee for the year 2005-06