Digital Fluency Consultant
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, GOVERNMENT OF SASKATCHEWAN
Working cross-ministry to implement the teaching and learning components of the Saskatchewan Technology in Education Framework through policy development and creation of instructional supports. Providing solutions to optimize the expenditure of limited public dollars to support the development of student and educator 21st century skills, with particular focus on sector collaboration and cultural perspectives in an ever-evolving technological and political landscape.
- Lead and facilitate provincial discussions and complex decision-making processes with representatives from school divisions, First Nation educational organizations, post-secondary institutions and other stakeholders to accomplish government priorities in teaching and learning with technology including computational thinking, coding, digital citizenship and media literacy.
- Support distance education policy development and access for K-12 students to online learning options.
- Design alternative online delivery options for traditional print documents, professional learning opportunities and learning resources.
- Deliver keynote presentations and professional development workshops to teachers and administrators on the use of technology in the classroom.
- Collaborate with SaskTel officials on the promotion and delivery of the I Am Stronger program including the administration of grants for youth-led initiatives and the re-design and maintenance of a website with cyberbullying educational resources.
- Currently co-leading the development of new provincial robotics and coding curriculum for students in grades 7 to 12.
- Currently developing online supports for teaching coding within existing Kindergarten to Grade 12 provincial curricula.
- Envisioned a plan to develop online micro-learning modules for teachers to support curriculum implementation and currently supporting its actualization.
- Conceptualized and led a team to create, promote and maintain an online collaborative space to support educators in understanding and teaching about residential schools and truth and reconciliation, Supporting Reconciliation in Saskatchewan Schools.
- Co-led the development, approval and implementation of Saskatchewan's Action Plan to Address Bullying and Cyberbullying.
- Coordinated the development and implementation of Digital Citizenship in Saskatchewan Schools including leading a sector working group, drafting and managing multiple service agreements, budget forecasting and reporting and the co-development and delivery of a Massive Open Online Course for educators.
- Spearheaded the innovative delivery of three youth forums to address bullying and cyberbullying, both in-person and online, that culminated in the participation of over 9,000 students in the final forum.
- Managed the creation and launch of a provincial online reporting tool for students to report bullying incidents.