- Examining loss patterns and fraudulent activity perpetrated against Wachovia Bank.
- Responsibility for development of strategies to mitigate risk of fraud and loss to Wachovia and its clients.
- Identifying gaps in current fraud prevention processes and systems; offering analytical and financial justification for fraud solutions.
- The requirement to organize data and write comprehensive and detailed reports.
- Providing risk consulting on new financial products and possible implementation.
- Overseeing specified markets (Carolinas, Virginia, California and Texas), in order to mitigate losses due to emerging financial threats (i.e. scams, fraud rings, or compromises).
- Ensuring project deliverables are met and progress is being maintained, and documented, through continuous communication with appropriate team members.
- Providing key metrics reporting to management team.
- Fostering a team environment that motivates and promotes teamwork by remaining positive, recognizing and managing stress, encouraging individual input, celebrating wins and lessons learned.
Loss Prevention Analyst (2003–2005)
As a new member to the Wachovia Team, my responsibilities included:
- Working with computer generated reports, using several different programs to identify fraudulent activity committed by any client having a relationship with Wachovia.
- Utilizing the necessary tools to determine possible account compromises, victims of identity theft and illegal banking practices.
- Restraining/closing accounts
- Working individually with customers to assess risk or possible loss to the bank.