Graduate Research Assistant
- Designed components of the two-stage, high-pressure research steam turbine.
- Assembled and instrumented the two-stage, high-pressure research steam turbine.
- Installed and setup a computer controlled system to measure inter-stage performance by traversing radially and circumferentially inside the turbine.
- Designed and installed a pneumatically controlled clocking mechanism for the research turbine.
- Calibrated various 5-hole probes at different Mach numbers for respective stage measurements.
- Machined critical parts of stator for troubleshooting the assembly of research turbine.
- Assisted the technical expert in rotor shaft alignment within a tolerance of 0.3 Mils/Inch (angular) and 2 Mils/Inch (offset) for 3000 rpm (max.).
- Facilitated the experimental setup for testing the performance of a linear blade cascade with varying stagger angles.
- Developed MATLAB codes for data reduction and analysis.
- Configured LabView scripts for data acquisition.