I substantially grew our membership base and engaged them to prevent anti-worker legislation from being passed.
• Recruited, trained, and ran a community action team of 40 people in Oakland County.
• Ran an Internet outreach campaign throughout Metro Detroit with compelling emails, engaging Facebook posts, and a website that I designed.
• Signed up 75 people each week for our email list; Made 300 phone calls per week.
• Organized our members to write letters to legislators and local papers. We were published several times in the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press.
• Organized events, protests, and days of action to court media attention and keep the public informed about harmful legislation. Events were covered by the Huffington Post and the Detroit News.