Career Summary: CXO level leader with broad experience in all aspects of strategy, commercial, business development and finance as well with broad Telco General Management experience running fixed line and online divisions covering full gambit including marketing and product development engines. 11 years Telco industry experience and 7 years in oil and gas industry
Core Capabilities and Competencies: Strategic, change management, commercial, financial, operational and business development executive with 18 years experience in the energy (Oil & Gas), telecommunications, information technology, and internet/new media sectors.
- Strong strategic and change management profile coupled with high energy, passion, courage and personal drive
- Ability to understand, and balance, short term [financial] performance and long term [cashflow] health and manage the key performance drivers to achieve this
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving capability. Rapid systemic thinking style balanced with pragmatism from wealth of strategic, financial and operational experience
- Extensive experience in running large operational business units with very strong documented performance history including business and market turnarounds
- Extensive financial and commercial experience up to Group Controller and Financial Controller level for billion dollar businesses
- Extensive experience in the development and negotiation of strategic alliances in communication and new media markets
Career Objectives: To continue to build senior management experience at CSO/CMO/CFO/COO, and ultimately CEO level, in large publically listed NZ Companies. Preferably in infrastructure based industries with retail business arms that are pursuing multi horizon strategies focused on transformation and growth and are built on strong employee cultures, brands and values . To also continue to balance my corporate objectives with the social venture accelerator work I am involved in outside of work.