VoIP Architecture specialist focused on new product development in the areas of Unified Communications, Fixed Mobile Convergence, and Call Center Apps as well as key network improvement initiatives and upgrades.
Previous positions with the merged entity of Windstream / NuVox / FDN :
Chief Architect – NuVox
NuVox acquired by Windstream
Collaborate with business executives on various network technologies and deployment strategies.Provide capital and operational budget guidance for inclusion in business cases and ROI decisions.R&D solutions for a variety of technologies: VoIP, IPTV, ADSL2+Bonding, VDSL2, Ethernet First Mile over Copper, reservation-less audio/web/video conferencing, SS7 & SIGTRAN traffic monitoring & analysis, data center virtualization, cloud services, software as a service, infrastructure as a service, platform as a service.Lead Architectural liaison during the Cisco Managed Services Advanced Channel Partner Certification Audit.
Director of IP Operations – NuVox
- Led a 24x7x365 Tier 3 NOC support organization responsible for all SIP VoIP and IP-MPLS network elements across 16 states serving 225,000 VoIP lines and 9 Gbps of Internet transit.
- Reduced equipment-related measured-outages by 68% by executing an aggressive software upgrade plan of key platforms: Acme Packet, Broadsoft, Cisco, Empirix, Sonus, Sylantro
- Grew Cisco 7200 router fleet by 33% while also eliminating legacy ATM platforms to improve network reliability.
- Reduced Cisco router troubles from 1.25% to 0.5% per month in 1 year.
- Managed a $7M SG&A budget, which included $2.7M in personnel costs for a staff of 34, reducing overtime expenses from 2.5% to 1.8%. Negotiated $4.1M in annual vendor maintenance contracts.
- Built a Security Operations Center (SOC) to provision and support all managed firewall customers and provide guideance to corporate security. Grew managed firewall customer base by 900 accounts under headcount constraints.
- Saved over $1.5M annually in Toll and PBX fraud through aggressive detection and prevention measures.
- Supported the top 30 complex customer accounts (over 200 locations) representing $12M in annual revenue.
- Developed the company’s current SLA measurement and calculation methodology.
Director of Server Operations – NuVox
- Led a team of Unix and Windows system administrators responsible for over 750 servers in geographically diverse data centers.
- Improved efficiency by implementing an on-line change control approval system.
- Efficiently managed a corporate Help Desk for PC and application support as well as Avaya IP PBX telephony system administration for over 1,700 employees located across 16 states with a 175-to-1 employee to help desk technician ratio.
- Negotiated $2.8M in vendor maintenance contracts, Dell PC leases, and licensing of Microsoft and Oracle products.
- Managed a $1.5M CapEx budget and a $9M SG&A budget including $2.9M in personnel costs, $1.4M in office maintenance, and $1.3M in telecom expenses including corporate cellular service plans.
- Led the integration of FDN and NuVox IT teams during merger.
Director of Technology Development – FDN
FDN aquired by NuVox
- Spearheaded evaluation, selection, and contract negotiation of all next-generation network platforms.
- Efficiently executed a strategic $5M network over-build using Calix C7 Broadband Digital Loop Carriers, Redback SE400 routers, Foundry Gigabit Ethernet Switches, and a distributed Class 5 VoIP soft-switch from MetaSwitch. Responsible for engineering and operating the core network.
- Direct report to the CTO and presented regularly to the COO, CFO, and CEO regarding $5M strategic technology investments.
Manager of Data Network Operations – FDN
- Led a Tier 3 Data NOC responsible for 20,000 MGCP VoIP lines, 15,000 broadband Internet access customers, and 5 BGP Internet upstream connections serving 5 major markets.
- Responsible for departmental hurricane preparedness and disaster response during 4 hurricanes.
- Efficiently managed $3M CPE budget. Forecasting, purchasing, inventory, warehousing, testing, standardization and customer returns. Managed outsourced field operations vendors and equipment inventory levels while monitoring quality of work.