Challenge: Lead the continuous improvement of internal Business Intelligence services and champion the adoption of centrally produced analytic content.
Transformed Business Intelligence from an unresponsive, resource-constrained service to a highly responsive, transparent, customer-driven team. Directed the design, delivery and management of data warehouse infrastructure, ETL processes, presentation layer tools, custom analytics, data extracts, dashboards, reports, and other content. Collaborated extensively with executives to align business intelligence strategies with corporate goals. Directed all aspects of multiple, concurrent projects, including budgets, resources and scope.
Selected Contributions & Solutions:
- Successfully grew the Business Intelligence team from one part-time resource to ten dedicated team members supporting 1,000 users globally with operational and analytical reports, and ad-hoc queries.
- Won support for an ongoing Business Intelligence program to ensure project initiatives follow a long term strategy roadmap.
- Instituted agile development process to manage BI sustainment, enabling business partners to prioritize the team’s work and have a clear view of proposed changes, work in process, and completed work.
- Lead the business intelligence / data warehousing track of Corbis’ major ERP initiative implementing SAP. Managed four successful deployments of SAP BI modules in finance, accounting and human resources.
- Replaced dysfunctional legacy sales reports with simple, fast and accurate parameterized reports, utilizing Reporting Services. New reports were enthusiastically adopted by the sales organization, reducing the total number of salespeople utilizing a complex ad-hoc query tool by 50%.
- Directed the implementation of Analysis Services cubes for Order Information, Search Information, and Customer Relationship Management activity, increasing efficiency and functionality for Senior Business Analysts in Marketing and Finance.