Marketing Manager - Marketing & PR Specialist
Hospice of Northeastern Illinois
Hospice of Northeastern Illinois, Barrington, Ill.
June 2004 - October 2005
Developed and supported marketing initiatives that helped to advance the mission of the Hospice of Northeastern Illinois, positioning it as the end-of-life care provider of choice, which impacted thousands of patients in need annually.
- Promoted from marketing and public relations specialist to marketing manager within the first eight months of employment.
- Successfully resurrected relationships with three key nursing homes and established a new one to increase referral goals.
- Developed, implemented and maintained new marketing database for accurate referral data entry, tracking and analysis and prepared reports for management
... as marketing manager:
- Improved patient and caregiver access to agency services using personal selling tactics, exceptional customer service and strategic territory planning.
- Managed 50+ professional referral source relationships across three territories by performing needs analyses, resolving service issues and promoting agency services with written communications and oral presentations.
- Executed marketing objectives with specialized activities based on market trend data, competitive analysis and survey feedback and increased referrals from existing and new accounts; Piloted new veterans program to expand referral source market.
- Developed weekly and monthly call reports outlining territory activities and customer service issues for senior management.
- Pitched and executed "Meet the Staff" events to creatively promote interstaff relations and networking, as well as acknowledge referral source performance; Took photographs and created framed photomontages for referral source's facility.
- Additional deliverables included coordinating staff educational in-services and providing marketing materials to promote agency services.
... as marketing and public relations specialist:
- Supported overall agency marketing, corporate public relations and internal communications goals and initiatives.
- Produced internal monthly newsletter and modified layout by adding several news features to revitalize readership.
- Wrote and edited original articles, conducted interviews and distributed completed copies to employees under deadline.
- Researched and developed copy for internal/external marketing campaigns including brochures, presentations, marketing materials, letters, flyers and direct mail.
- Wrote press releases and pitched media to promote community awareness and increase visibility of agency service, programs and accomplishments.
- Assisted in planning and execution of marketing strategies based on competitive analysis, industry research and survey feedback; Researched, developed and ordered promotional items as needed.
- Supported maintenance of agency Web site by updating events and time-sensitive information.