I began my paving career at 18 years old and worked diligently to master each level of the industry. I take tremendous pride in the work that I do and have a very high work ethic. I have left companies in the past that were not treating customers fairly and took advantage of their lack of knowledge, resulting in poor work. I have been very loyal to the companies that shared my high values and work ethic, resulting in a superior product and happier customers. I have worked in many capacities, including but not limited to:
- 24 years asphalt paving experience, with leadership rolls in the majority of the companies.
- Paving of state highways, city streets, sub divisions, parking lots, driveways, patchwork, and speed bumps, all of various shapes, sizes and thicknesses.
- Operation of all large pavers such as Caterpillar, Barber Greene and Cedar Rapids, including the operation of manual and automatic grade control systems, as well as Barber Greene factory computers and Top Con systems.
- Often I would have to run numbers, usually in 10ths and 100ths that were placed by surveyors every 25 to 50 feet for optimal ride quality, or as a base for concrete paving.
- Operation of all small pavers such as Lee Boy, Mauldin, and Cooper, which are more economical and less time consuming when paving in tight areas (parking lots with numerous islands and / or head in parking stalls, driveways and patch work).
- Operation of front end loaders, backhoes, skid steers and graders used in the loading of paving machines, cutting joints, removing old asphalt and preparation of the sub grade.
- Operation of rollers, from large steel drum to small pneumatics.
- Setting rolling patterns for optimal density, usually between 90% and 100%, depending on specifications of individual jobs.