2002/06----2007.9: Chamberlain’s facility in both Shanghai and Shenzhen
Company Description: Chamberlain is one of the cornerstone companies of Duchossois Industries, Inc., a privately-owned, diversified, multinational company that carries the added strength, respect and financial stability of a billion dollar-plus corporation. The Chamberlain Group, Inc. is the world's largest manufacturer of residential and commercial door operators, access control products and gate operators.
Finance Controller – Asia
Responsible for both Shanghai trading company, Shenzhen manufacturing plant, Asia territory sales analysis and logistics. Report to GM Shenzhen and GM Shanghai which based in Singapore for operational issues, dotted line report to controller based in Germany for sales respective and controller based in USA for manufacturing and cost control respective. Travel to Singapore, USA, European countries couples of times every year to attend annual sales and controllers conference.
Chamberlain Computime Electronics (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. (2006/10----2007.9)
Report to USA Headquarter on operation for manufacturing activity in Shenzhen (Joint Venture between Chamberlain Group Inc. and Computime Ltd, a HK listed company)
- Based on corporate Authorization Metrics, approve expenditure and minimize manufacturing cost
- Implement budget and planning
- Improvement of internal control and process
- Coordinate the month end close and reporting
- Perform monthly review and analysis on financial statements as well as production price variance, manufacturing variance, actual overhead vs plan
- Cost control : cost accounting, analysis and reduction
- Make sure corporate activity compliance with tax reporting, custom reporting and other government requirement
- Coordinate China frozen cost, intercompany pricing structure and billing
- Co-operate with external auditor, consultant, and lawyer and manage their services
- Manage to set up another hub in Shenzhen for export business globally
- Recommend on next step developing structure in Asia pacific region
- Implement SAP for Asia facilities
Mange JV operation, finance and material planning at the start-up stage
Set up standard cost system and improve inventory management
Involved in acquisition for Malaysia and Australia facilities
Chamberlain Automation Systems (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (2002/06----2006/10)
Report to European Headquarter for Asia operation on sales, marketing development, cash flow and inventory status
- Provide accurate and timely financial information and analyze accounting activities and develop Financial Statements. Also responsible for applying Chinese accounting principles and techniques and enforcing company policies including but not limit to preparing annual budget, sales forecasting etc.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information by applying Hyperion Enterprise, BPCS, various cubes, OLAP, Outlooksoft and Essbase etc. tools and management reports including but not limit to sales report by territory, by product line, various geographic sales and expenses breakdown etc. expenses report for Asia on monthly basis as directed
- Plan, coordinate and update inventory Min/Max report on weekly basis and responsible for replenishment of stock as well as inventory/cash flow rolling forecast
- Maintain a professional working relationship with Senior Management, the Corporate Accounting Department, external auditors, and agencies for importation, custom clearance, government authorities and the outside public
- Analyze accounting activities and develop Financial Statements so as to be in compliance with Chinese laws and requirement by Corporate
- Supervise and manage all work flow related to accounting matters this would include but not limit to accounts payable, account receivable, Fixed Assets and Inventory
- Coordinate both the Chinese month end closings and year-end audits for Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing and Shenzhen
- In conjunction with credit department, keep control of the account receivable with the Chinese customers
- Be responsible for Human Resources, logistic and daily general operation for Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen
Being the first employee, manage all process after business licenses had been issued
Manage HQ to start to do business in China and control outsourced parties including third party logistics, import & export, custom clearance agents
Effective communicate with Germany and American colleagues for Asia business treads and sales strategy
Leave Reason: Career development
Based in Shenzhen to work closely with USA headquarter on plant management, internal control, cost analysis, cost reduction project and implement SAP in Asia.
In charge of plant in Shenzhen which have hundreds people, carry out material processing, accessibly and export finished goods to European countries.