Sr. Pipeline Generation Expert
The Senior Pipeline Generation Expert role is equivalent to Senior Sourcer, Senior Talent Acquisition, and Senior Researcher positions. My current role focuses on training, strategy and implementation projects related to both sourcing strategy and employment branding strategy. Although I split time 50/50 between Best Buy Co. (client of Accenture HR services) and Accenture's North American Talent Center. All activities and accomplishments listed below impact all clients and stakeholder groups.
- Created and conducted a 12 module training program used to train all PGE's across Accenture's sourcing organization. Topics include among others, Basic and Advanced Search Techniques, Social Media Tools and Techniques, Sourcing Efficiency, Internet History, and Primary Research Techniques and Approaches.
- Trained resume mining teams in India on boolean logic and search logic, and advanced ATS queries.
- Co-founded and manage enterprise wide Sourcing Expert Network meeting group and sharepoint knowledge collection site.
- Originated and currently lead weekly sourcing study halls open to all sourcing professionals across Accenture.
- Co-founded select group of sourcing professionals within Accenture to coalesce vendor and tool reviews for consumption by senior leadership, Client Service Leads, and Business Development leads. Group is also in place to create a Sourcing Mentorship program.
- At Best Buy I have been working with Staffing Management from the client as well as the North American Talent Center Lead, and Client Services Manager to craft and implement a candidate Pipeline Generation model to impact corporate and field positions for Best Buy. This model fits with the overall goal of the client to create communities of talent ahead of any need. The goal is higher quality talent, delivered in a shorter timeframe than in a traditional reactive model.
- Assist the Client (Best Buy) in determining the most appropriate tools, tactics, vendors, and overall approach to maximize the impact of budget dollars toward the end goal. We've recently cut 50k in budget by eliminating the use of Careerbuilder, and instead using a jobs optimization service, Jobs2web.
- Co-founded Accenture's Sourcing Expert Network. This is both a monthly meeting rhythm for all sourcers across Accenture and Accenture HR Services clients. I also co-founded and am administrator for the Sharepoint site for this group. I'm responsible for site design, organization, user management, and meeting facilitation.
Employment branding strategy
- Originated and created a Facebook page for Best Buy Mobile. This page allows existing employees to interact with each other and share stories, images and video about the employee experience at Best Buy Mobile. To date we have 1200+ fans of the site, with 1400 clicking to apply, and 300 filling out the profile. This site was featured in a post on Cheezhead a top recruiting industry blog (see column at right for links). There was no cost to set up this site.
- Advised on the use of a Job Optimization service, Jobs2web, instead of traditional job boards. This service allows our jobs to be found via Google and other search engines, creating a more direct connection to our brand. It also has improved the candidate experience by allowing easier access to job updates.
- Sponsored and hosted several local conferences for both recruiting and social media helping establish Best Buy as one of the local employers of choice.