Uganda Village Project
- Intern with Water and Sanitation ( WASH) Project Team.
- Lived in a village (Namunkesu) while working in a total of six villages in the surrounding area.
- Held meetings with village leaders (local councils, village health teams, and Water User Committees) to build capacity and collectively brainstorm interventions for pressing health issues related to WASH.
- Facilitated networks and built relationships between the village, the local government, district, and locally based NGO's.
- Planned and held multiple health education sessions in villages and primary schools discussing the health implications of untreated drinking water and poor sanitation and hygiene.
- Conducted household surveys observing domestic uses of water, what types of sources used (open pond, shallow well, etc.), distance travelled to sources, and allocation of water for everyday tasks.
- Conducted SWOT (Srength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threats) analyses for villages in which we worked. Assessed conditions of community assets and future challenges related to water and health.