Emergency Department Registered Nurse
Community Health Systems-Oro Valley Hospital/Northwest Medical Center
All aspects of the nursing process including, but not limited to:
- To provide superior patient care, in cooperation with other disciplines, to the community.
- Assessment using a systematic and structured data collection system to obtain information from clients including physiology, sociocultural, economic, spiritual, and psychological systems. This includes the initial client assessment, specific re-assessments, and focused client assessments based upon need or condition.
- Clinical judgment regarding clinical responses to treatment including beneficial and harmful conditional responses.
- The development of short-term and long-term care plans, or goals, including family as necessary, with measurable outcomes.
- Documentation of the care plan, treatments provided, and accurate data collection so as to provide an accurate record of assessment, care, and responses for other disciplines to reference.
- The implementation of nursing care for acute and critically ill patients in accordance with the plan of care, throughout the process of treatment from emergency stabilization, to admitted patient care, to eventual discharge or transfer to different level of care.
- Coordination of a safe environment for both clients and family through environmental, medication, education, and documentation safety initiatives.
- Ensure evaluation of treatment and needs of the client and family on a continual basis throughout the process of care.
- The appropriate coordination of care through prioritization, delegation, and supervision of other care team members.
- Education in advanced hemodynamic lines including, but not limited to, ports, central lines, CVP monitoring, arterial lines/monitoring, and other critical care skills.
Ensuring organizational growth and development:
- Supporting the mission of the institution and their vision with regards to client and associates alike.
- Continual personal educational ambitions to ensure current, up-to-date practice in accordance with professional organizational standards.
- Educated on privacy practice, ethics, and corporate compliance.
- Educated regarding evidence-based practice, safety, and other advanced skills to motivate clinical excellence.
- Champion of safety and selection of behavioral health equipment and process design to ensure the quality of care for mental health clients.
Supervisory experience at Oro Valley Hospital as charge nurse:
- Direct supervision of 6-9 licensed employees per shift.
- Provision of patient throughput through bedboard and admit patient assignments.
- Telecommunication with field Emergency Medical Services (EMS) as a base hospital for field client treatment.
- Staffing assessment.
- Ensurement of associate compliance with policies and procedures for safe nursing practice.