- Network Hardware:
- P CORE Routers = Carrier Routing System (CRS)
- PE CORE Routers = Gigabit Switch Router (GSR), 7600 Series
- CE & UPE Routers = ASR1000, ME3400, 3600, 3750
- Data Center Routers = 6500 Series with VSS, Nexus 7K, Nexus5K/2K with vPC
- Security Appliances = ASA5500, IPS4200, ACS, MARS, CSM, ACE Load Balancer
- Strong knowledge on network integration of different Mobile Telecom Equipment like HLR, MSC, MSS, MGW, SGSN, GGSN into IP-MPLS network as well as their ESB/ESA configuration.
- Strong knowledge on Service Provider core knowledge such as configuration and troubleshooting MPLS, MPLS-TE, MP-BGP, PE-CE Routing, RSVP, MPLS-Multicasting.
- Strong knowledge and experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting the following Ethernet Layer 2 technologies: VLANs, VLAN trunking, Private VLANs, Spanning Tree protocols (RSTP & MSTP), and STP security mechanisms.
- Strong knowledge and experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting the following Layer 3 technologies and Routing Protocols: SVIs, Routed Ports, Inter-VLAN Routing, Static Routing, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, Multiple-Area OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MP-BGP, LDP, MPLS, MPLS-TE, route summarization, and route redistribution.
- Strong knowledge implementing high availability technologies: VSS, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP and BFD.
- Understanding of the implementation and deployment in optimizing and providing effective QOS techniques for converged networks to include: VOIP networks, implementing QoS on converged networks, specific IP QoS mechanisms for implementing the DiffServ QoS model, and AutoQoS.
- Understanding of the implementation and deployment of security technologies: remote access and VPN client configuration, GRE Tunnels, site-to-site IPSEC VPN, Cisco EZVPN, strategies used to mitigate network attacks, Cisco device hardening and IOS firewall features, Cisco IOS IDS.
- CISCO Systems Certifications:
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert - CCIE # 26108
- CCIE Service Provider
- CCIE Routing and Switching
- Cisco Internetwork Specializations - CSCO11294445
- Cisco Security Solutions and Design Specialist
- Cisco IP Contact Center Express Specialist
- Cisco Advanced Wireless Design Specialist
- Cisco Certified Network Professional - CSCO11294445
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - CSCO11294445
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert - CCIE # 26108
- Registered Electronics Engineer # 33767 - Philippines Professional Regulation Commission
- Routing and Switching Protocols: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MP-BGP, MPLS, RSVP, TE, MPLS-TE, VSS, VPC.
- Network Security: ASA, IPS, DDOS, FWSM, IPSEC, VPN, AAA (TACACS & Radius).
- Network Management Applications: Solarwinds Orion NMS, CiscoWorks, Cisco Access Control Server, Cisco Information Center, Cisco Security Device Manager, Cisco IP Solution Center, Cisco MARS, Cisco Security Manager.
- Mobile Telecoms Switches: NOKIA & ERICSSON MSC, HLR, MSS, MGW, SGSN, GGSN.
- Multi Service Access Platforms: Tellabs 6345, 6350.
- PC Platforms: Windows 98/2000/XP/7/2003Server and basic of Red Hat Linux.
- Microsoft Office: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and MSVisio.
- Implementing Cisco IP Multicast - April 16-20, 2011 at Riyadh, GlobalKnowledge
- Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions - June 18-22, 2011 at Riyadh, GlobalKnowledge
- Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Implementation - September 10-14, 2011 at Riyadh, GlobalKnowledge
- Cisco Data Center Networking Infrastructure Design - September 17-21, 2011 at Riyadh, GlobalKnowledge
- Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric - March 10-14, 2012 at Riyadh, GlobalKnowledge
- Highly driven network engineer/consultant, with excellent interpersonal skills. Knowledgeable and experienced network professional, with a proven track record of high customer satisfaction. Able to work in the most demanding environments, installing, configuring and troubleshooting converged local and wide area networks with 500 to 1000 or more nodes, with little to no supervision.
- A Senior IP CORE/MPLS/Backbone Consulting Engineer with extensive 7 year hands-on technical experience, which included IP Planning, Design, Engineering, Configuration, Optimization, Troubleshooting, Installing, Upgrading, Testing and Documenting, all in challenging and demanding Telecommunications Network environments and based on multinational standards.
- Strong Industry knowledge in Mobile Telecommunications, 2G, GPRS and 3G; and Broadband Telecommunications as Wired and Wireless Internet Service Provider, Data Center and Disaster Recovery through Campus MPLS Technology.
Seeking a challenging career path that emphasizes and builds on my diverse technical and leadership background in the Data, Voice, Telecommunications & Network Management business field in order to complement my current experience and work as a stepping stone leading to a more overseeing and strategic role in an organization.
Jun 2010 - Present
Senior Network Consulting Engineer
- Development of different projects High Level Design (HLD), Low Level Design (LLD), Network Implementation Plan (NIP), Network Migration Plan (NMP), Network Ready For Use (NRFU), Method of Procedures (MOP).
- Responsible of leading technically Advanced Electronics Company from acquiring Cisco Gold Certification Partnership from last year Silver Certification status.
- Technical Lead of AEC Mega Project engaged to KSA Royal Saudi Air Force of building highly available, secure and scalable Data Center, Disaster Recovery and several Air Bases running under Campus MPLS network.
- Design, Engineering and Implementation of new Cisco technologies for Data Center Interconnect such as Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching System (VSS), Nexus Switches Virtual Port-Channel (vPC), Server Load Balancing using redundant ACE Modules, Network Security using ASA-5580, IPS4270, ACSv5, CSMARS all based on 10GigabitEthernet technology.
- Technical Lead of AEC Enterprise Project engaged to KSA Ministry of Interior Network Information Center of building LAN Data Center primarily composed of high-availability Stackable Switches and VSS Core Switches using 10GigabitEthernet network technology.
- Technical Lead of AEC Mega Project engaged to KSA Ministry of Interior of building CCTV and LAN Data Center running with IP Camera’s all over the kingdom.
Oct 2008 - Jun 2010
Senior IP-MPLS Consulting Engineer
- Operations and Maintenance of all Saudi Telecoms IP/MPLS routers consisting of multivendor equipment like Cisco and Juniper and provides expertise and consultancy to necessary departments like Access NOC, Transmission NOC and Data NOC.
- IOS Upgrade of all Saudi Telecoms Company Cisco Access, Distribution and Core Routers consisting of different Cisco routers and switches including Cisco ME3400 switch, 7600 series, Gigabit Switch Router (GSR) 12000, Carrier Routing System (CRS).
- Extensive experience on Pre-Acceptance Test of new routers, using Cisco NRFU Documentation, that will act as Aggregators, Provider Edge, Real-Time Protocol Edge, and CRS as Provider routers.
- Integration and configuration of Real-Time Provider Edge Routers (GSR) facing Mobile Switch devices like Huawei, Ericsson, and NSN MSS and MGW for STC Mobile services and applications.
- Planning, Design, Dimensioning and Provisioning of new customer circuits which maybe L2-VPN, L3 DSL Access, L3-VPN traversing Saudi Telecoms MPLS-CORE Network
- Providing STC with total complicate eBGP design and implementation with their upstream provider, policies, and TSD’s , also with all their ISP customers ,well known to the market
- Implementation and provisioning of L2TP tunnels between ISP’s LNS routers and LAC aggregators for DSL and Dial-up customers.
- Handling and Analysis of STC Trouble Tickets so as to provide consulting services to STC Data and Mobile clients to maintain high level of customer satisfaction and thereby increase potential business opportunities.
- Configure L3 protocols (IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, ISIS, HSRP), redistribution, summarization, Filtration (using distribute list, route map, prefix list, access list)
- Implementation and provisioning of new VPN customers in Cisco IP/MPLS-VPN Network using different routing protocols (e.g. MP-BGP, OSPF, Static, and others which are required).
- Plan, manage and coordinate between different departments in order to achieve the integration process properly and smoothly, and working closely with design team for the new projects and network expansion.
- Supervising the integration and configuration of STC IP/MPLS network which is based on the Cisco equipments (3400, 4500, 7606, 7609, 7613, GSR, and CRS) and Juniper equipments (ERX, E320, MX480).
Nov 2005 - Oct 2008
Senior IP CORE/Backbone Optimization & Operation Engineer
- Manage the IP Engineering, Configuration, Installation, Nationwide Deployment, IOS Upgrade, Troubleshooting, Operations, Maintenance and Optimization of all Cisco Routers and Switches such as 12000 GSR, 7600 & 6500 Multilayer Switch Series, 2600, 3700, 2900, etc. that cater both SMART Mobile Telecommunications, both 2GSM and 3GSM, GPRS; and SMART Broadband Internet Services.
- Management & IOS Upgrade: 100 Cisco 12000, 7600, 2600, 2900, 3700, and 6500 series of Layer3 & Layer2 Switches and Routers Nationwide.
- Network Securities: VPN, DDOS, FWSM, L2TP, NAT, ACL, IPSec, AAA, Port Security.
- Layer 2 Technologies: Bridges, Switches (CatOS & IOS), Etherchannel (PAgP & LACP), Spanning-tree (PVST, RSTP, and MSTP), Trunking (802.1Q & ISL), Frame Relay, and MPLS.
- Layer 3 Technologies: Routers, Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, HSRP, and VRRP), Route Optimization using (Summarization, Aggregation, Redistribution, and Filtration), IP Addressing, IP Subnetting, and VLSM.
- LAN/WAN Technologies: Ethernet (FastEthernet, GigabitEthernet), Frame Relay, Leased Lines.
- Establishment of SMART IP CORE/Backbone Network Security provision for both Mobile and Broadband Services conceptualizing Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) using CISCO Guard at the CORE Layer and FWSM at the Distribution Layer.
- High-level IP network support to NOKIA, ERICSSON, TELLABS and other SMART partners. Configuration and Integration to IP CORE/Backbone of NOKIA and ERICSSON MSS, MSC, MGW, HLR, SGSN, GGSN Ethernet Switch Boards (ESB’s).
- Provides 100% full IP expertise/support, availability and on-call function 24 by 7 to cater all problems nationwide regarding IP CORE/Backbone Network operations on SMART BROADBAND, SIGTRAN, VOIP, and TRAFFICA services.
- Provides IP Recommendations and Optimization regarding Bandwidth Upgrade, Network Protocols Reconfigurations, and Traffic Engineering.
- Establishment of SOLARWINDS Orion Network Monitoring System tool that examines all routers nationwide thus provides necessary parameters like Bandwidth usage, Response time, CPU and Memory usage, etc.
- System Administration of Cisco ACS Server managing the Authentication, Authorization and Accounting of all Cisco routers.
- Documentation of all Network infrastructure (Configuration, Topology and Special Solutions) and escalation procedures in accordance with the company policy.
- Provides extensive IP knowledge and expertise to other concern departments regarding SMART IP CORE/Backbone Network integration to Mobile and Broadband Services.
Apr 2005 - Nov 2005
- Involves intensive programming of Voice services of both Alcatel and System-X Switches as well as Data services provisioning including latest DSL and ISDN technology onto Cisco, Huawei, and Ericsson DSL Access Modems. Also includes verification of DNS and Web Hosting Services.
- Implementation of proper back-to-back and Bit-Error-Rate testing of Nokia DNT2M, Nokia BB512, Nokia DNT1M, and OPNET modems.
- Assists on Eastern Telecom Network Fault Control and Troubleshooting regarding Telephone, Internet and Leased Circuits with high confidence on customer relations via usage of Integrated Customer Management System (ICMS).
Nov 2004 - Apr 2005
Hardware Professor / Engineer
- Responsible of ensuring technical students of necessary knowledge’s with regards to technical matters concerning Networking Sciences, Applied Electronics Technology, Telecommunications Technology, Business Information Systems and Related Fields of Study. Conducted specialized seminars regarding Personal Computer Maintenance and Troubleshooting, Digital Electronics, Industrial Electronics, Principles of Communications, Computer Networking Concepts, Local Area Networking and Optical Fiber Communication.