Vice President Operations
John Tillman Company
Manufacture personal protection equipment for industrial workers with production and distribution in both domestic and international (Mexico, Canada and China) markets.
Vice President of Operations (2004-2009)
Rapid promotion to direct operations (including finance, and human resources) for 3 facilities located in California, Georgia, Indiana, and Mexico. Supervise and provide leadership to 250 employees. Manage $50 million operating budget.
- Designed and executed layout of 100,000- sq.-ft. manufacturing facility in California.
- Directed relocation of Illinois (10,000-sq.-ft.) operation to Indiana (50,000-sq.-ft.).
- Created integrated shipping programs that decreased inventory variance from 10% to less than 1% decreasing shortages /overages to 0% over two years.
- Supervised supply chain management activities associated with five distribution centers (3 in US and 2 international).
- Streamlined accounting procedures and reduced accounts receivable aging for accounts exceeding 90 days from 12% to 3% decreasing overall collection time from 60 to 45 days.
- Created a BOM program for Mexico manufacturing streamlining manufacturing activities, delivery schedules, and purchasing activities maintaining lowest possible level of inventory.
- Integrated other operational software for finished good transfer and order fulfillment reducing overhead costs by 20%.
Accounting Manager (2001)