Aug 2014 - May 2015
Social Work Intern
Marietta City School
- Effectively and appropriately assessed and addressed the needs, characteristics and interactions of students, families, Marietta City Schools personnel and the community.
- Used knowledge and understanding of the reciprocal influences of community to intervene for student success.
- Advocated for appropriate services for students and their families.
- Effectively planned, implemented and evaluated programs that promoted student and family success.
- Advocated, facilitated and contributed to School Social Work accountability for outcomes aligned with local, state, and federal policies and guidelines.
Aug 2013 - May 2014
Social Work Intern
- Responsible for meeting with patients and families, within 5 days of admission, to assess needs.
- Meet with patient on a bi- weekly basis to ensure that all needs are being met from every discipline.
- Connect patients, as well as their families, with needed or requested resources.
- Provide therapeutic services to both patients and their families in order to assist with transition.
- Participated in weekly one on one meeting with Licensed Social Workers.
- Participated in bi- weekly interdisciplinary meetings.
Apr 2010 - Jul 2013
Community Relations Coordinator
Harbor Grace Hospice
- Managed and serviced the communities of South Fulton, Clayton and Henry Counties in regards to hospice services.
- Developed tactical steps in order to meet potential customer, get new accounts and reach monthly targets.
- Maintained current and competent working knowledge of services to educate customer and increase customer’s likeness to market company services to those in need.
- Elaborated action plans considering targeting accounts, competitive analysis and account background.
- Positively impacted sales in territory, displayed knowledge of key accounts, plan, analyze and act upon sales data within territory.
- Attained monthly sales objectives and provided forecasting.
- Maintained professional, regular and timely contact with existing accounts.
- Built strong relationships and customer loyalty.
Jan 2008 - Mar 2010
Social Service Coordinator
Canterbury Court Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- Developed, organized and coordinated available community resources to provide a high quality social service program that met the individual needs of each resident.
- Functioned as a source of support for adjustment and bereavement issues.
- Provided services that included: individual consultation, group work, crisis intervention, implementation of Resident Rights.
- Provide documentation for each resident which includes but not limited to: psychosocial assessments, admission note and discharge planning, Resident Rights acknowledgement, Resident support system, social history, quarterly progress notes and intervention notes.
Nov 2007 - Mar 2004
Provider Relations Specialist
Embracing Hospice, Atlanta, Georgia
- Consistently met and or exceeded established program sales goals by 100 to 150 percent.
- Produced high quality territory management activities, including pre- call planning, material inventory, call reports and expense reports.
- Participated in various sales initiatives.
- Established strong relationships and customer loyalty. Targeted new accounts which included but not limited to hospitals, medical offices nursing homes, LTACS, Assisted Living Facilities that utilized hospice services on a continual basis
- Maintained actively referring accounts.
- Participated in conferences such as Georgia Long Term Care Social Worker conference and the yearly Assisted Living Facility Association (ALFA) as a way to stay current on any changes within the communities serviced and explore potential referral sources.
Mar 2002 - Feb 2004
Intensive Case Manager
Post Graduate Center for Mental Health
- Managed a case load of 15 to 17 court appointed clients on a weekly basis.
- Provided outside resources to ensure mental stability such as ACT, drug and any other rehabilitative services needed to avoid hospitalization.
- Reviewed medication intake, side effects, rehabilitative services and any onset symptoms related to mental diagnosis with client on a weekly basis.
- Collaborated in interdisciplinary meetings and reviewed all clients.
- Developed and exercised treatment plans for all clients.
Aug 2012 - May 2015
Masters in Social Work
Clark Atlanta University
Aug 1999 - Aug 2003
Bachelor of Science in Psychology