12+ years of marketing, business development and strategic direction experience, mostly managing large scale projects in the front end of the wireless telecom space. Effective communications skills capable of articulating and presenting complex solution offering and strategies. Assembled and managed teams across geographies and bridged back-end (Operations, PLM) with front-end (Sales, Marketing, Proposals) organizations. Extensive exposure to international markets and negotiation of multi-million dollar deals in the Latin American region. A track record of increasing customer base and revenues by strategic planning and execution. Result-driven and highly motivated professional, fast learner and self starter.
Business Development Manager
Drove sales objectives and strategies for the introduction of TDMA and CDMA fixed wireless access solutions. Responsible for sales, orders, revenue, margin and expense objectives as well as customer satisfaction results for all wireless customers in Latin America.
• Designed and executed plans to introduce FWA solutions to competitors’ installed base.
• Drove integration of other Nortel Networks products with Proximity portfolio.
Sr. Advisor, Wireless Internet
Developed strategic planning, sales initiatives, and executive relationships for all wireless operators’ accounts in Latin America. Identified emerging business models and developed commercial marketing programs to position new revenue stream opportunities using Nortel Network’s solutions.
• Met $200M sale targets in Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Ecuador.
• Drove business case pursuits for implementation of wireless Internet revenue models.
Customer Relations and Marketing Manager
Developed strategic sales and marketing plan to establish a connection, previously completely lacking, between a cost center and clients. Performed market analysis and intelligence research of key environmental elements impacting Nortel Networks’ training, documentation and certification services, and assessed parallel industries and competing technologies.
• Exceeded 2001 and 2002 revenue targets by 12% and 10% respectively.
Business Development Director
Primary and secondary market intelligence research service and best practices to businesses operating in the Latin American and Caribbean markets. Leveraged a network of former international clients in wireless telecom and e-learning. Identification and implementation of wireless Internet revenue models and delivery of knowledge services.
• Performed market and intelligence research in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico; to provide marketing advice for launching plan of new medical implantable devices.
• Developed consulting projects that included market trends analysis, competitive analysis, and time-to-market plans to deploy new wireless data services for Enterprise and end consumers.
Business Development Manager
Developed sales and marketing plans to add Enterprise value added products from Nortel, Polycom and Linksys into corporate portfolio and subsequent strategies to penetrate Caribbean market. Identified existing distribution channels and studied competition. Segmented markets by geography, size and plotted channels by their role in the distribution chain (retailers, system integrators) and proximity to the SMB market space.
• Organized with Linksys volume sales promotions resulting in $1.5M sales in the first 3 months.
• Co-led organization of the first Strategic Business Summit held in Jamaica, with the attendance of the top 35 customer who adopted the Enterprise portfolio resulting in $5M+ long-term sales opportunities.
• Recruited sub-distributors, resulting in identified long-term opportunities in excess of $10M.
Developed strategic and tactical marketing plans to expand current business model of wholesale of high capacity bandwidth to position new services and revenue models aimed to reach new market segments. Repurposed and repositioned some of existing services to target untapped opportunities. Planned and executed the corporate re-branding project including launch of a brand new website, new collaterals, the first company newsletter, advertising campaign, public relations, events management, new pricing and promotions.
• Spearheaded development and presentation to board of shareholders a $65M business case to build a new submarine fiber optic cable to link Colombia and Florida.
• Created IPTV (TV/Video on demand over Internet) business model and negotiated trials with technology vendors and selected Internet Service Providers to demonstrate feasibility of triple-play (Internet, voice and video) revenue model.
Product Marketing Director
Developed and executed comprehensive strategic marketing plans, pricing strategies, product development and positioning, and promotions, with P&L accountability, to drive sales and revenue objectives of existing operations and to launch services in new markets. Directed Marcom to develop advertising campaigns and marketing collaterals. Researched and analyzed demographic, financial, and technological factors to address short term and long term market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity. Recruited new distribution channels and developed support programs.
• Acted as country manager in BVI to secure revenue targets during takeover transition, including implementation of new sales process and reporting tools.
• Launched 10 new marketing campaigns in BVI to generate $7M incremental revenues.
• Launched new services and 8 marketing campaigns in Aruba and Curacao to generate over $20M in projected new revenues.