Chief Architect/VP of Engineering
Promoted to drive architecture strategy and systems development for premier solution-provider serving credit union clients.
- Played an instrumental role in acquiring IAC's debt protection product development agreement generating yearly revenure of over half a million dollars.
- Manage up to four direct and 25 indirect reports (recruited more than 60% of team), with annual IT budget of up to $2 million.
- Create strategies and OS/platform-agnostic J2EE application solutions to drive growth of three main products: i-POWER, CUe-Passport and CU-Hub. Also direct enhancement and contribution of data center services, involving ASP and in-house models.
- Maximize profitability by developing, building and managing strong relations with six large customers in four states (CA, GA, WV and AL) as well as several key vendors.
- Enabled new incremental revenue by managing efforts to enhance scalability of shared branching application. Greatly increased sales team capabilities as a result (2006).
- Led new CU-Hub product from concept to production, enabling B2B integrations with three key vendors, 14 new customers and up to $1 million in projected revenue (2005-2006).
- Provided guidance to project and technical teams on business system architecture, to support IT and business strategies during analysis, design, and planning phases of all projects
Former CIO said: “Joong is an outstanding technologist with a deep background. He is very talented as he can keep the business perspective when proposing new architectures and transitioning legacy systems to open systems. Joong was key to my success at EPL.” (2006)