- Fifteeen years of diverse experience in the food service industry focusing on establishing excellence in operations and service while upholding outstanding culinary standards
- Dedicated, dependable and reliable and has built a reputation based on trust and achieved results
- Passionate at identifying operational inefficiencies and leveraging anylitical thinking to integrate more effective processes and procedures that effect the bottom line
- Proven ability to supervise and train employees as well as scheduling work assignments.
- Experience planning a variety of menus
- Excellent organizing and coordinating skills
- In-depth ability to develop and test recipes and techniques for food preparation/presentation
Apr 2014 - Present
- Managed food production and food purchasing for catered events and weddings
- Created and costed menus to facilitate managing food and labour costs to improve the bottom line
- Venues including the National Gallery, Senate, House of Commons, and Embassies.
Jan 2014 - Apr 2015
- Created and costed menu in coordination with business development consultants and operations managers.
- Established kitchen design and layout, created and developed operations manual and recipes, launched restaurant
- directed kitchen training and built kitchen team to achieve common sales and service goals
- implemented processes and procedures for overall operational efficiency and cost controls.
May 2011 - Nov 2013
Chef/Assistant Tour Director
Responsible for cooking, food purchasing, coordinating cooking assistants/ local guides
Menu planning for up to 90 people on transcontinental cycling expeditions in Africa, Europe ,North America and Australia.
Consistently overcame logistical challenges and adapted quickly to unpredictable circumstances to maintain an exceptionally high level of food service and to meet the nutritional requirements of the clients.
- Directed purchasing and modifications of tour equipment and vehicles
- Ensured overall safety of clients and staff from beginning to end of tour
Sep 2008 - May 2011
Supervised kitchen crew
created menus for club bistro
assisted chef in all aspects of the kitchen operation including food service for multi -course banquets of up to 300 people.
Feb 2005 - Dec 2007
- Lead kitchen team and trained kitchen staff
- developed and standardized recipes for this critically acclaimed restaurant through it's opening and expansion.
Aug 2003 - Jan 2005
Jul 2002 - Jun 2003
Chef de partie
Worked alongside Chefs David McMillan and Frederic Morin ( Joe Beef, Liverpool House )
Chef de Partie of the garde-manger section and raw seafood bar of this 120 seat restaurant
2003 Grand Prix de Montreal.
Diplome d'études professionnelles - Cuisine d'etablissement
Completed the Professional Chocolatier program.
Certificat de Qualification Professionnelle
Professional cook apprenticeship training certificate.
English and French
Labour Cost control and Inventory Management