- "Wikisonic, Collaborative Music Creation" - The Tech Museum of Innovation, San Jose, California, June 2008
- Santiago Calatrava, Frank Gehry, Scope Cleaver, Keystone Bouchard (Jon Brouchoud): Sketches and builds arcspace Gallery (www.arcspace.com) - LOCUS, March, 2009
- "A Study in Reflexivity in Virtual Architecture" - Phoenix Scratch, Exeter, UK - December 2008
- "Reflexive Architecture" - Info Island Library Gallery, Second Life - September 2007
- "Architecture Gallery" - Architecture Island, Second Life - August 2007 (Top 10 Art Exhibits in Second Life - New World Notes)
- "Wikisonic Installation" - Princeton University sim in Second Life, July 2008
- "Interactive Architecture and Music" - arcspace Island installation in Second Life - May 2007
- "Sketches from Paris" - Sketch Exhibit - Gallery of Thieves, Madison, Wisconsin - Fall 2003
- “Theoretical Abstract” - Paiting Exhibit - Raw Materials Studio, Madison, Wisconsin - Summer 2003
- "Digital Art" - Computer Generated Graphic Art - Gallery of Thieves, Madison, Wisconsin - Winter 2003
- “The Cell” - Computer Generated Graphic Art - Institute of Contemporary Architecture, Art Exhibition - Summer 2004
- “Red” - Computer Generated Graphic Art - Institute of Contemporary Architecture, Art Exhibition, Fall 2005
- "C2C: Home Competition Exhibition" – Design Competiton Entry Selected for Display - Art Museum of Western Virginia - Winter 2004
Virtual architecture installations that responds to avatar movement.
Project samples from my residential design practice.
Various projects, including replicas of iconic buildings, working with students, and a Wikitecture project.
A new event space for Metanomics, while working with Remedy Communications.
Applying principles of open source collaboration to architecture and the built environment.
A virtual workplace for employees of Linden Lab, while working for Clear Ink.
Replicas of condos to assist sales and marketing, while working for Clear Ink
A meeting and exhibit space for educators using virtual worlds.
Completed in collaboration with DB Bailey, Desdemona Enfield, Douglas Story, Chrome Underwood and Zil Jewell.
Virtual replica of the new Rutgers School of Business building by Ten Arquitectos
Concept design and 3D modeling of Linden Lab's Business Orientation for Involve, Inc.
Design concept and 3D modeling for a Unity3D 'serious game' project related to language learning.
A Second Life installation for TED conference, with Clear Ink.
A Second Life installation for Autodesk (makers of AutoCAD, Revit, etc.) in collaboration with Scope Cleaver, while working for Clear Ink.
A virtual rendition of the U.S. House of Representatives for an event with Congressman George Miller, while working for Clear Ink.
- U.S. State Department: International Architecture in Virtual Worlds - Panelist - October 2009
- Keynote Presenter: Autodesk University with CEO Carl Bass - November 2006
- Keynote presenter: Be2Camp - Exploring Web 2.0 and the Built Environment: - October 2008
- University of Wisconsin - Madison: Environmental Strategy and Sustainability, Professor Tom Eggert - September 2008
- Metaverse U: Wikitecture presentation - February 2008
- AIAS American Institute of Architecture Students: FORUM presentation 'How Web 2.0 and Virtual Worlds will Revolutionize Architecture' - December 2007
- Centre for Digital Media: Great Northern Way Campus - Vancouver - November 2008
- Dr. Dobbs: Panelist - Life 2.0 - May 2007
- Dr. Dobbs: Presentation - Life 2.0 - September 2007
- London Design Museum: Royal Institute of British Architects - 'Architecture Week' Exhibit - June 2007
- Autodesk Island: 'Using Second Life as Part of your Architectural Practice' - May 2007
- Library Arts Group: 'Architecture 101' Demonstration - February 2007
- Dr. Dobbs: Geek Meet - July 2007
- Digital Resources Conference: Dartington, UK - September 2007
- Wisconsin DNR, 'Sustainable Home Design,' 2005
- Linden Prize, Studio Wikitecture, April 2009
- Founder's Award and 3rd Place, Open Architecture Challenge, collaborating team member in the Studio Wikitecture community-designed entry, 2008
- First Place: Cntrl-Shift-07 Competition,New Zealand Architectural Congress, 2007
- Wikisonic: Collaborative music chosen for installation at The Tech Museum of Innovation, SanJose, California, June 2008
- Cradle to Cradle Home Competition: Home design competition based on principles of "Cradle to Cradle" by William McDonough & Michael Braungart, 2004
- 3rd Place, Tucson Gateway International Design Competition, 2001
- Eagle Scout, 1993
Clear Ink Collaborative Team Projects:
- Linden Lab Headquarters (private)
- Autodesk Island
- SL Capitol Hill, U.S. House of Representatives
- TED Island (Technology Entertainment Design)
- Clear Ink Island
- Global Condo Center
- Sun Microsystems, Professional Services Kiosk
- Chris Luebkeman Presentation Kiosks, Autodesk Island
- Research, development, and builds for several major private projects (5 sims)
Remedy Communications Team Projects:
- Metanomics Event Space
- Gallery of Reflexive Architecture
- Crescendo Design Eco-Friendly Neighborhood of Model Homes
- Residence for Archis Writer, Yona Friedman Installation, DEsign Island
- Contributing Designer, Wikitecture Experiment #1, Wikitecture Experiment #2
Design professional with over 11 years of experience working in architecture, virtual worlds and online game development platforms. Interested in applications of virtual worlds, gaming platforms and online communities in architectural education and practice.
L’Ecole Speciale d’Architecture June 2001 - September 2001
Bachelor of ScienceUniversity of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Major: Architectural Studies
October 2003 – Present
Studio Wikitecture Founder/Manager
July 2007 - Present
3D Experience Architect
November 2006 – January 2008
June 2002 – October 2003
December October 2000-May 2002
Groth & Smies Architects
December 1997 – October 2000
Clear Ink Collaborative Team Events:
- Congressman George Miller, U.S. House of Representatives - Presentation at SL Capitol Hill
- Chris Luebkeman, Director of Global Foresight and Innovation, ARUP - Presentation on Autodesk Island
- Phil Bernstein, Autodesk VP - Architect and Technologist - Presentation on Autodesk Island
- Carl Bass, Autodesk CEO (Autodesk University) - Appearance on Autodesk Island
- John Gage, VP Sun Microsystems - Presentation on TED Island
- Cameron Sinclair, co-founder and Executive Director of Architecture for Humanity and Open Architecture Network - Presentation on TED Island
- Sergio Palleroni, Director of BaSic Initiative, Professor of Architecture and Sustainable Design, University of Texas - Presentation on Autodesk Island
- Henrik Bennetson, Research Director at Stanford University's Humanities Lab (Community Development Series) - Presentation on Clear Ink Island
- New York Times, "T-Magazine: Original Sim" - December 2008
- Architectural Record, "Wikitecture: From clicks to bricks, avatars to architects" - October 2008
- Business Week, "SmallBiz: First Stop, Second Life" - August 2008
- Chicago Tribune: "Setting up Virtual Shop" - August 2007
- O'Reilly Radar: "Wikitecture - Radical Collaboration" - October 2008
- Secondlife.com Success Stories: "A Blueprint for Success: Architecture and Second Life" - November 2006
- SL Business Magazine: "The Greening of SL" - August 2006
- Green Bay Press Gazette: "Couple's Design to Become Reality" - June 27, 2005
- Telegraph Herald: Recognition for C2C Home Competition - June 6, 2005
- Roanoke Times: "Dirt is Green" - May 24, 2005
- Herald Times Reporter: "Cleveland Couple's 'Smart' House is Something to Build On" - Front Page Home Section - May 19, 2005
- Sheboygan Press: "Cleveland Couple's 'Smart' House is Something to Build On" - Front Page - May 12, 2005
- Capital Times: "Building, Naturally: State Designers' Nutrihouse Project Takes Flight" - Front Page Business Section - May 11, 2005
- Environmental Design + Construction: Recognition for C2C Home Competition - May 2005
- eCAADe Academic Paper, Gather ‘round the Wiki-Tree: Virtual Worlds as an Open Platform for Architectural Collaboration, Chase S, Schultz R, Brouchoud J, 2008, eCAADe 2008, Antwerp, Belgium, September 2008