Feb 2012 - Present
Project Coordinator and Research Analyst
- Project Coordinator and lead data analyst for household travel studies. Responsibilities include designing and using reports to track daily and long term survey progress, making projections based on progress to plan for future survey mailings and deployment of GPS devices to participants, survey instrument design and testing,
- Analyze and process participant reported diary and GPS data through the use of proprietary mapping software,
- Supervisor for travel study call center. Responsibilities include tracking project goals daily and reporting progress to management team, assisting the interviewer staff with all questions and issues that arise from their communications with survey participants, developing and maintaining a call center staff schedule and reviewing time reporting, designing and leading training sessions for new hires, monitoring staff productivity, and managing daily communications with survey participants
- SQL database management and data mining.
- Work closely with members of the analyst team to improve efficiency and quality control of data processing.
- Work closely with in-house software developers and programmers to continually improve software design features and report any technical issues.
Jan 2003 - Jan 2013
Landscaping and Yard Maintenence
Personally contracted out by area residents to help with landscaping and yard maintenance work including:
- Maintaining landscapes - including pruning, using power equipment, removing invasive plants, watering, and other duties
- Installing new plant landscapes
- Installing retaining walls and landscape pavers
- Tracking expenses and creating Invoices
- Building professional relationships
- Recommending plants that integrate well into existing landscape
Aug 2011 - Aug 2012
Intern and Project Coordinator
- Lead and educate large groups of volunteers at weekly planting and maintenance projects
- Maintenance of landscapes and facilities at Trees Atlanta headquarters and at the Atlanta Beltline including pruning, applying herbicide, servicing power equipment, cataloging equipment and supplies, and irrigation of plants
- Coordinate and oversee eradication of invasive species at City Of Atlanta parks and the Atlanta Beltline
- Write the weekly volunteer newsletter to creatively communicate information about Trees Atlanta functions and volunteer opportunities
- Order and receive live goods and make purchase invoices.
- Recruit new volunteers through local universities, community groups, and online listings.
- Represent Trees Atlanta at promotional events.
- Oversee set up, marketing, and merchandising (including correctly labeling over 200 types of plant species) for annual tree sale
- Map Trees Atlanta project locations and locate future planting sites.
- Track the spread and control of invasive species for the Forest Restoration Program using GIS and GPS.
- Maintain the tree database for the NeighborWoods Program. Trees are mapped and cataloged according to species, location, funding, program, and year to determine maintenance priority.
Mar 2007 - Aug 2011
- Horticulture certified nursery consultant.
- Assist customers with selecting products, inquiries, and how-to tips.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized store environment.
- Stock store shelves, price and label products, and receive and sort inventory.
- Teach do-it-yourself clinics and promote needed products.
- Handle special ordering, at home installation, and delivery services.
- Responsible for merchandising, inventory, and other special projects.
- Train and lead new hires.
- Awarded company promotion for outstanding customer service.
Aug 2009 - Jul 2013
BA - Geography
Georgia State University
- Urban Geography
- Introduction to Mapping and GIS
- Geographic Information Systems
- Advanced Geographic Information Systems
- Digital Cartography
- Quantitative Spatial Analysis
- Introduction to Microcomputers (Microsoft Office)
Aug 2009 - Jul 2013
TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certificate
Georgia State University
- Simulated teaching English in a classroom setting during two practicum classes.
- Developed and implemented lesson plans and activities for a variety of different classroom learning environments.
- Taught English to foreign students in a live classroom setting.
Parks Supervisor with the City of Atlanta Department of Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Affairs
- Geography and Mapping.
- Social justice and urban issues including community development, connectivity, and transportation.
- Local, sustainable, organic, community agriculture and landscape design.
- Outdoor activities such as backpacking, photography, fishing, and rock climbing.