Education Development Center
- Be the accountable officer for the proper functioning of the EQuALLS2 database system
- Develop, when necessary, and maintain the following:
- system for validating data, tracking changes in data, and recording reasons for changes;
- additional programming modules to address M&E (monitoring and evaluation) requirements of EQuALLS2;
- tools and templates to capture data for program specific needs which are outside and independent of the EQuALLS2 database system
- Assist the COP in preparing discussion papers, work plans, and briefs of M&E activities/results;
- Coordinate with program and finance staff on information required from their end for USAID’s TraiNet Web, and encode the required information in TraiNet.
- Provide periodic assistance to the administration and HR unit by developing database management programs, such as, but not limited to, inventory and HR information management systems; coordinate with and provide technical guidance or advice on related matters to the DoA and other concerned staff.
- Assess the need for new ICT equipment and the systems that would best meet the requirements of the Reading Program; define appropriate specifications of commodities to be procured;
- Coordinate with the DoA and the administrative staff responsible engaged for procurement on ICT-related requirements; coordinate with vendors, as required by the DoA;
- As may be required, provide advice on the appropriateness of price quotations; submit recommendation on service provider that best meets the requirements;
- Ensure that delivered items are in accordance with specifications.
- LAN Design, Installation, and Configuation
- Determine the appropriate LAN design suitable for the Project office(s);
- Install or supervise the installation of the LAN system; and
- Configure all ICT commodities to available systems (e.g., server, LAN, etc.) to ensure portability, compatibility, and accessibility of essentially shared documents and systems.
3. Hardware and Software Installation and Maintenance
- Install new hardware and software systems and observe compliance with license requirements;
- Maintain a specific inventory of hardware and software, in coordination with the administrative staff in charge of overall inventory of Project commodities.
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware problems, and software or systems malfunctions;
- Share updated information and preventive maintenance advisory on virus and similar risks;
4.Database and Systems Design or Maintenance
- Design, as may be required, programs that will meet database systems requirements, and which ensures security and confidentiality of files or systems;
- Assist with the updating and maintenance of database systems; and
- Coordinate with the EDC home office on matters related to email account set up and other ICT-related matters, as required.