Results-oriented product strategist, internet architect, and product manager with broad hands-on experience in the successful full life-cycle development of innovative web-based solutions and profitable e-commerce strategies. Proven expertise in information architecture and design, web site re-engineering, and web accessibility and usability. Accustomed to performing in high-pressure, results-driven environments with a focus on innovation, growth, and profitability.
I'm looking for a position where I could manage an organization's web or mobile properties and contribute my creative vision, strategy and functionality, for that organization or their customers. I could lead a mobile, web or software design or production team, assume responsibility for R&D and oversee online strategic planning. I could also oversee projects and manage budgets and work directly with an organization's C/VP levels. And I'm a darn good Information Architect and User Experience guru. Did I mention I love working with clients?
Mar 2010 - Present
Digital strategy and user experience consulting; Redesigning UX for Federal and Commercial clients. Tasks include assessment, conceptual development of design, gathering functional requirements, production of Wireframes and recommendations for digital strategy.Recent projects include redesigning the User Experience for portions for a major government health care site as well as recent work for major mobile retailer and a startup architectural consulting firm.
Mar 2009 - Aug 2009
Associate Principal, Product Development / Product Line Marketing
Developed strategic product plans and service architecture for a major wireless carrier. Analyzed market trends and business opportunities in wireless market segments.
- Developed architecture and social media marketing campaign for online developer communities featuring Mobile Web and Dashboard technologies.
- Designed new support and training services for application and content development.
- Conceptualized new APIs, monetization of services, improvements to overall customer experience.
- Led lifecycle management of key usability improvements involving core teams of cross-functional expertise.
Mar 2008 - Dec 2008
Manager, Web Strategy
Managed all Web design, usability and accessibility activities for a major global applied information services firm.
- Engineered complete re-architecture of web properties and products and created broad-ranging, long-term approach to interactive strategy encompassing all global business units, including new acquisitions, based on extensive user research.
- Chaired web redesign committee and work group consisting of C-level executives and division business leads. Developed updated information architecture with user-centric, fully scalable capabilities.
- Led initiative to develop common taxonomy as well as establish ROI benchmarking, statistical analysis and search engine optimization of new and existing content.
Mar 2007 - Jan 2008
TSymmetry, Inc. for IBM Corporation
Modernized the user experience and user interface design for information systems supporting the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) division for Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Interpreted business requirements and defined functional and system use cases to produce interface designs. Held a full DHS/CBP security clearance.
- Led design concept development activities for enterprise modules within web-based Java/Swing portal applications.
- Developed enterprise-level use cases and interface specifications.
Apr 2005 - Feb 2007
Service Planner (Product Management and Wireless Service Design)
WiderThan Americas, A Real Networks Company
Developed strategic product plans, product designs and architecture for technology services in wireless/mobile communications market. Analyzed market trends and business opportunities in wireless/music delivery market segments.
- Designed and oversaw development of content management and marketing for wireless and desktop products.
- Managed product strategy, developed functional design and information architecture, as well as oversaw product development cycle from concept through product launch.
- Designed and managed development of enterprise data management and customer-facing modules for Verizon VCAST Music-On-Demand Service.
Dec 1995 - Apr 2005
Consulting (Various Companies)
Provide strategic marketing and technology consulting, consult on creation and presentation of project bids for variety of corporate and non-profit clients. Recent work includes design and implementation consulting for premium broadband content management system a large ISP/Cable company.
Dec 2003 - Jun 2004
Executive Project Manager
Oversaw projects related to core business activities. Performed project, usability and Section 508 compliance assessments. Developed information architecture for projects. Refined existing business systems and processes, increasing efficiency as well as profitability.
- Served as project manager and information architect for clients including Association for General Contractors, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, DuPont Fabros and PeopleIQ.
- Designed and managed development of Flash-based (Flex) Rich Internet Application to manage performance appraisals for healthcare industry, projected to reduce time involved managing employee reviews by 80%.
Nov 2000 - Mar 2003
Director of Internet Strategy
Council for Exceptional Children
Responsible for all Internet strategy. Managed organizational websites, special initiatives, project teams, and website communications. Designed project management tool to facilitate online project scheduling and tracking.
- Saved division over 90% of total budgeted amount by selecting vendors to develop customized content management system for in-house use. Full ROI realized in less than six months.
- Increased member participation in web-based and email-outreach programs by more than 100%.
Aug 1999 - Feb 2000
Product Manager, Special Projects
Directed all phases of full life-cycle product development including developing product line plans, updates and new version releases, from concept and design through development and post-launch support. Managed client relations and product customizations for major worldwide publishers.
- Developed and implemented a product offering projected to account for 20% of annual initiative revenue.
- Coordinated the concept, design and implementation of a multi-phased online environment for courseware delivery.
Jun 1998 - Aug 1999
Manager of Online Services
PBS The Business Channel, LLC
Directed all facets of online services, including web strategy, project and resource management. Served as information architect and primary developer for corporate website, internal web-based tools and extranet educational websites. Recommended strategy to executive staff regarding Internet initiatives, marketing and sales strategies.
- Designed and managed development of web-based executive training delivery and tracking system as key target in eventual acquisition of PBS:TBC, selling for $2.8 million, 80 times the development cost.
Jan 1996 - Dec 1996
Worked with non-profit and Fortune 500 clients to coordinate and manage requirements, page layout and site development. Helped clients stay on the front edge of the internet "boom" and align their new media efforts with existing business interests.
- As project lead, performed web development tasks for non-profit and Fortune 500 clients including Amtrak and Volunteers of America. Coordinated design and programming staff to meet client needs effectively and efficiently.