Manager of Sales and Product Development
Houmou USA Inc.
Los Angeles-based import and merchandising firm serving major domestic retailers.
- Collaborated with senior merchandising and product development executives at well-known, domestic furniture design and mail order companies to create many home decorative accessories and best selling collections. Specialized in high-end home decorative accessories composed of glass, metal, resin, and ceramic materials. Knowledgeable in mass merchandising for apparel, general houseware, footwear, accessories, and textile segments. Acted as the primary product development client contact for Dr. Leonard’s Health Corporation, AmeriMark Direct LLC., Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, Potpourri Group, and Lillian Vernon Corporation. I also participated in product development for the clients of our Taipei office including J.C. Penny, Target, Red Envelope, Belk, and Dillard’s.
- Specialized in direct sourcing with overseas suppliers and maintained a library of over 1,400 overseas suppliers for product development and inquiry purposes.
- Established and maintained vendor relationships in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Managed projects by setting clear expectations and monitoring project timelines with vendors.
- Recommended new manufacturing techniques to help vendors overcome production difficulties.
- Planned, regulated, and coordinated direct import operations for Los Angeles, Taipei, and Shanghai offices.
- Supervised and conducted quality inspection and implemented solutions when quality failed to meet standards.
- Led the hiring and interview process for U.S. office and established internship opportunities with local colleges including California State University, Fullerton, California State University, Pomona, and Mount San Antonio College.