Financial Manager/ COO
Directs and organizes the financial, accounting and management of the operations of the 1,200 member professional association. Responsible for transitioning the financial records of the association and newly established 501c3 nonprofit foundation, from manually kept records to electronic and internet based operations.
Serves as part of the management team to creatively and effectively meet the needs of the members, including a web site, direct deposit, 401k and cafeterial plan for employees. Acts as liaison to facilitate the financial and management matters of the association and foundation with board, members and staff.
Helped create and interactive "ask Janet" program for physicians with coding questions. Responsible for developing the HR function, financial reporting function and the budgeting process, including reporting for $500k grant from the State of Tennessee.
- Responsible for the administration and management of the Business Office, Human Resource Office and over all financial functions of the organization
- Oversight of all functions of the business office including: Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Cash Management and Audit
- Responsible for departmental and organization budget development and management, including grant budgets for state and foundations
- Play key role in developing organization wide financial and operational policies
- Prepares and provides financial reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Investigate and report on annual financial operating issues
- Oversight and review of all agency rental agreements and other agency contracts with outside vendors and contractors
- Oversee human resource functions of the organization including: Benefits, Payroll administration and monitoring
Executive Staff Team
- Provide leadership as executive staff team on financial and administrative operations of the organization
- Serve as part of the senior management by providing input to help guide the operations
- Assist other executive staff with preparation of key operating statistics to monitor their area of operations
Boards and Committees
- Attend board and executive committee meetings
- Prepare briefings and reports for board and executive committee meetings as necessary
- Provide information and insight to the board and executive committee on the financial operations
- Prepare the treasurer to present monthly and year end reports to the board
- Staff the budget and finance committee reports
· Guide the committee through the annual budget process
- Executive Director
- Board President
- Department Heads
As a team member and leader, described by Executive Director as Exceeding Expectations in areas such as: "Reliable, dependable; instills confidence in execution of work".."Able to make sound, logical decisions, exercises good judgement; able to see problems objectively" and "Strives to attain goals, self-starter, ability to act responsibly."