Sysco Corporation, Houston, TX
Senior Java/J2ee Technology Analyst/Developer
Project: Where is my Truck
- Developing a Spring 3, SOAP Web Service client, Restful Web Service server and jQuery 1.7 based Web application for Distribution Services, Sales Associates and Street Customer to track the location of the truck on which the order is reaching the destination in real-time and notifying the customers on the time delays through emails and text messages, routed through the Exact Target services.
- Defining the configurations (Spring MVC, Spring REST, LDAP, Axis etc) for the application.
- Designing strategies to connect to the disparate systems which involves:
- Scanning for files arriving in FTP and parsing them (StAX parser used).
- Obtaining real-time location information from XATA Geolocation services.
- Exposing the instance data to other business systems using Restful services.
- Exposing Spring MVC, Google Maps based Truck and Customer location maps.
- Defining protocols to open the website using single-sign-on from 3rd party applications like Salesforce and Exact Target.
- Defining Hibernate configuration to connect to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Design and develop the application.
- Develop this application on the Spring framework using Java 7 and jQuery 1.9.
- Create Tomcat profile, configure Spring Scheduler for Task execution, configure Spring MVC for web application, setting up LDAP authentication configurations and setting up Spring RESTful services.
- Coordinate setting up of Microsoft Azure cloud Virtual Machines and SQL Server.
- Coordinate setting up of Salesforce Integration.
- Coordinate setting up of ExactTarget email/sms notification systems for Customers.
- Create Controllers, Handlers, Service Objects, View Objects and Data Access Object classes.
- Create Hibernate configuration and mapping files.
- Define configurations for Jackson APIs for conversion of Objects Maps to corresponding JSON objects.
- Map hibernate to retrieve/store data from the SQL Server.
- Setup the continuous integration tool, Hudson, for daily builds.
- Setup the project bug tracking tool. Mantis.
- Team size: 20 | Team lead: 5