Achieve corporate objectives through diligent process and relationship management, an expertise in business, program, and project development, management and fulfillment gained through more than 25 years of progressive experience in major corporate and consulting roles. Developed and implemented award-winning business-unit workforce enhancement programs, completed high-volume recruiting projects, and fulfilled dozens of executive search engagements across the spectrum of business functions, in high-value technology and other industries. Lead corporate recruiting and operations, employee relations and retention, and all related planning, oversight and reporting, supported by the use of Internet-based services, and other software tools, in service to clients with companies of all sizes.
This reestablished practice was initially founded with a retainer for a CTO search from a public device-server technology company CEO three weeks after an earlier staff reduction at ATKearney.
- Primarily serving high-growth, middle-market public and private technology clients, such as the xCOO of Quality Systems Inc.; the Chair, and xCEOs, of Lantronix; and, the CEO & Chair of AllDigital, for who I handle special projects, as well as the recruitment & retention of key leaders for all corporate functions.
Founded firm of three client professionals, plus support staff. Recruited technical & financial staff & management for emerging & established tech & media industries clients. Implemented Gopher, a Windows-based ATS. Secured trademark & URL rights and launched the company website two months after Netscape’s IPO at the dawn of the worldwide web. Later sold all assets, including the URL and other IP, and negotiated a settlement of the Class A-office lease in the Irvine Spectrum.
- Completed dozens of retained technology searches for Merisel's CIO; as well as searches for CFO, CTO, Marketing Director, Software Development Director and Project Leader for Anawave Software, now a unit of XO Communication, and for numerous executives with Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO), now a division of Allianz SE,including the intro of current SVPs in portfolio management, and analytics.
Manager, Strategic Staffing Programs
Southern California Edison (an Edison Int'l. co., NYSE:EIX)
Initially contracted with corporate staffing during the ramp-up for market deregulation. Participated in the implementation of Resumix (later acquired by Yahoo Hotjobs / Monster) while personally facilitating the hiring of 145 staff and managers before ITBU created this “white-board” position. Directed two project analysts and the workgroup’s budget. Produced reports, made presentations on corporate-wide workforce enhancement and retention strategies and metrics for the CIO.
- Researched best "human-capital" practices and market trends, and integrated them with corporate strategies to attract and retain key talent; then, created and led cross-functional teams of 20+ from all business units that developed and implemented on-boarding, orientation, flex-time/place, and other career-development programs.
- Results included an attrition rate of 7% for 1,300-member org. (national average: 20%+), and first-ever selection of Edison as one of Computerworld's "100 Best Places To Work."
- Appointed by the SVP of HR to the Strategic (organizational) Design team, facilitated by Sibson & Co., during the integration of six business-unit HR groups.
- Deputy IT business unit employee relations and succession-planning representative.
Division Client Executive
Heidrick & Struggles International (NASDAQ:HSII)
As a member of the Professional Services and International Technology Practices, served as district manager and regional team leader of three other client development executives.
- Received the first “Top Gun” award during the launch of a new global "e-cruiting" search practice focused on the $100K to $200K+ mid-tier executive market.
- Developed relationships yielding $550K+ in annual retainers from clients like Andersen Consulting, Autobytel, Fluor, Karl Storz, NetBase, Struxicon, US Web/CKS/marchFirst.
As a principal consultant in the Executive Search unit’s Global Technology Practice, developed & executed functionally diverse executive searches nationally for small private to large public clients.
- Generated about $2M annually in payroll for clients like ABB, EDS, Lantronix, Telespree, TriStrata and others, on team searches for President, CFO, Director of HR, Director of M&A, EVP of R&D, VP of Sales, and VP of Marketing.
Developed and led search engagements for this EMA Partners International Ltd affiliate and Association of Executive Search Consultants member, and its public, private and non-profit clients.
- Selected projects include searches for CEO, CFO, COO, CTO, Director of Development, President, VPs of Accelerated Learning, Engineering, Marketing, & Manufacturing Ops.
General Manager, Navajo-Chieftain Parts - led global ops for general aviation aircraft parts distributor
President, California Recruiters - led 12+ in mulit-site ops for regional financial & technical staffing firm
Recruiter, Pacific Life, Control Data Corp., Automated Concepts -on-site FT recruiting (1099 & W2)
Co-founder/Producer, GOLDisc - exec-produced single, in rotation 3 months on 4 So. Cal. stations