Corporate Strategy, Financial and Marketing Analysis Professional with 10+ years of experience at PBS, Radio One, Comcast Spotlight and Clear Channel Media + Entertainment, firms ranging from $1M to $3B in annual revenues. Developed and made executive presentations to C-level and senior level officers. Managed teams of up to 15 people in various projects that have led to marketing, financial and operational improvements at 6 different companies. Utilized analytical skills to develop operational, financial, sales, marketing and external competitive intelligence to produce incremental multi-million dollar cost savings or revenue gains. BA, Dartmouth College. MBA, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
Oct 2009 - Aug 2013
Senior Associate, Strategic Initiatives
- Led the analytical reporting and generated best practice information sharing among executives for a $40M sales re-engineering project. Analytical reporting led to changes in project that resulted in a 20% increase in revenue from the project’s affected salespeople. Managed a team of 1 junior analyst and 1 co-worker on the project.
- Managed the design and implementation of a cloud-based, automated, analytical dashboard reporting system, which gauged audience listenership performance for 650+ radio stations. Analysis utilizing the dashboard reporting led to at least a 10% gain in audience listenership on 6 stations from 2010 to 2012.
- Examined the dynamics of Clear Channel’s competition in the radio industry, producing 5 key insights on the Citadel-Cumulus merger’s impact on Clear Channel’s revenue and listenership position. Presented those insights to senior and executive management.
- Built marketing intelligence on Clear Channel's 8 largest radio demographic groups through analysis of market research data and utilized that intelligence to develop company wide sales proposal templates to showcase Clear Channel's marketing strength across those groups.
- Oversaw a 3 person team to develop a strategic plan for operational improvements to Clear Channel’s $15M Jingle Ball Concert series.
Jun 2009 - Aug 2009
Independent Consultant, Social Media Marketing
- Devised an online social media marketing plan for GetSTDTested.com’s innovative at-home STD testing products, utilizing viral marketing on 5+ social media channels.
Jun 2008 - Aug 2008
Strategy and Business Development Associate, PBS Ventures (Summer MBA Internship)
- Developed 3 key strategic initiatives for PBS to enable its successful entry into the on-line video streaming space after performing a benchmarking analysis on PBS's competitor efforts with on-line video streaming. Presented those initiatives to senior and executive management.
- Derived 2 content introduction strategies to boost revenue for download-to-own PBS content through an analytical assessment of Apple iTunes' sales data for 23 PBS programs.
Apr 2006 - Aug 2007
- Created and led a coalition of 10 employees to enhance customer service for advertisers, producing a 20% increase in customer refund returns.
- Identified $1.1M in cost savings to the company and supervised a group of three employees to implement several strategic actions to realize those cost savings.
- Directed $90M dollars annually in accounting activity for the Comcast's cable ad sales operation.
- Supervised the month-end accounting process, achieving a 1st place finish for the Atlanta division in exhibiting financial reporting excellence in comparison to the other 25 southeast divisions.
Nov 2004 - Mar 2006
- Established and led a team of four station managers to produce a $1.4M 2006 operational budget for two AM radio stations, and defended this budget to the corporate office. Budget was approved with less than 4% alteration to revenue and expenditure figures.
- Developed a commercial inventory management tool and trained four salespeople to efficiently manage commercial placement and price with my tool, increasing station revenue by 5% and reducing missed commercial spots.
- Managed all accounting and financial transactions for an $8M dollar radio company. Influenced 15 employees to improve the fidelity of the radio company's financial operations.
Dec 2000 - Nov 2004
Assistant Business Manager
- Pioneered a standardized, electronic revenue recognition procedure and trained Radio One Corporate and affiliates on the method, making it the standard practice at all of Radio One's 66 radio stations.
- Analyzed $36M dollars annually in accounting and financial transactions for four FM radio stations.
Jul 1999 - Dec 2000
- Facilitated the marketing of two major market FM radio stations to potential advertisers by designing marketing proposals and performing advertiser research.
- Increased Atlanta's revenue by $2.7M by developing sales pitches and strategy for sales staff to secure advertising business from McDonald's, Courvoisier Cognac and Pepsi.
Aug 2007 - Jun 2009
- Intended majors in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Management and Organizations and Media Management.
- Marketing Director for the 22nd Annual Black Management Association Conference and the 3rd Annual Media and Entertainment Symposium.
- Independent Research Project on marketing plan for the Ultimate Fighting Championship, developing three market research strategies to improve the organization's marketability.
- Entrepreneurship Tutor in the National Football League Entrepreneurship Program.
- Dean's List Honors. Active member of the Media and Entertainment Club and Sports Business Club.
Sep 1995 - Jun 1999
- Urban Music Director, Disc Jockey and Production Assistant for Dartmouth College Radio.
- Features Editor and Writer for the Dartmouth Review, an independent, student-run newspaper.
- Campus Coordinator for MTV's Rock The Vote Campaign; led 20 student volunteers to register 500 Dartmouth students to vote in the 1996 presidential campaign.