Winner of numerous company awards for outstanding work in marketing, including the EMC Marketing Pinnacle Award every year it's been given out.
Owner, Bullet Marketing (Marketing and Branding Agency)
Bullet Marketing is a full-service marketing and branding agency that helps companies discover and articulate their core strengths and values. With clear messaging and branding, Bullet’s clients better position themselves in the marketplace and deliver greater value to their customers. Bullet's clients include Open Text, Hydrant, Banana Creative, redtangerine, and PAIR Design.
This business brief articulates the value and positioning of McAfee's software-as-a-service offerings, primarily for a SMB audience.
This is the original version of a business brief that I rewrote (see "After"). The copy was raw, unorganized, and lacking focus, the purpose and message unclear.
This business brief highlights the misconceptions surrounding Mac security and explains why it's important that businesses secure their Macs as well as their Windows-based PCs.
This piece shows how I turned the "before" version into a focused, compelling piece highlighting the benefits and unique value of McAfee Customer Support.
This white paper helps an IT business audience understand the value of Open Text Records Management, a solution that safeguards organizations against the risk and cost associated with unmanaged content.
Whereas part one of this series provides the business case, part two dives into more technical detail about how email management can be implemented with minimal impact on user behavior.
This high-level brochure explains the key pillars of an information infrastructure, and suggests why companies should consider a holistic and strategic approach to managing information, a key corporate asset.
Part one of a two-part series on the Open Text Email Management solution explains the issues driving companies to consider email management and looks at the key stakeholders: users, IT, and Legal.
This ad was created to take advantage of the buzz created by the acquisition of Documentum to reinforce the company's core value proposition.
This ad targets brokers who trade in OTC derivatives and speaks to their need to manage risk in a relatively risky area of investment.
This ad speaks to one of biggest pain points for insurance companies--managing forms--and offers a solution hidden within the problem.
Feb 2009 - Present
Marketing and Branding Consultant
Small business entrepreneur with 12+ years experience: delivering campaigns and programs that generate leads and support sales; driving corporate messaging and managing the brand; demonstrating insight and creativity in social media and viral marketing; implementing processes that reduced costs and increased efficiency; and leading a team with a reputation for delivering high-quality, innovative projects that meet client requirements -- on time and within budget.
Apr 2009 - Oct 2009
Sr. Verbal Brand Manager
- Responsible for managing the McAfee brand from a copy and messaging perspective.
- Lead writer for the Global Brand and Marketing organization.
Feb 2000 - Dec 2008
Senior Manager, Marketing Communications
- Achieved leadership position in marketing after demonstrating exceptional communication skills and project management. - Developed, nurtured, and managed a high-performing, highly respected marketing communications team. Established reputation for excellent service, continuously exceeding our clients’ expectations.- Reinvented team as an internal “creative agency” serving a broad range of clients from product marketing to field marketing, events, partner marketing, eMarketing, and customer reference.- Implemented a highly organized, efficient collateral production process and content management system that leveraged the company’s own products, ensured accuracy, and improved on-time delivery. Reduced time required to publish materials from days to minutes. - Created self-service, print-on-demand system that redirected costs to groups requesting printed materials. Saved the marcom department over $120,000 per year.
May 1998 - Feb 2000
Experience at Synergex: marketing communciations, partner/customer newsletter, advertising, technical writing, user manuals.- Principal creative writer for marketing communications team- Managing editor of customer newsletter- Developed 150-page user’s manual for new software product
Mar 1997 - May 1998
California Highway Patrol
- Developed user’s guide for a new CHP application along with training materials for statewide distribution- Organized Windows 95 training for CHP officers statewide and wrote training manual.
1996 - Present
Masters in English Literature
California State University-Sacramento
1993 - Present
University of California, Berkeley
2006 - 2007
Certificate Courses in Marketing and Business
University of California, Davis
- UC Davis Extension: Management Development Program (2007)- UC Davis Extension: Professional Certificate Courses in Marketing (2006 – Present), including: Essentials of Marketing, Essentials of Public Relations, Essentials of Media Relations, Management Development Program