Development of Financial Systems, Procedures and Controls for Start-upsLed development of new product divisions, business segments, and business start-ups. At Water Remediation Technology I led the development and implementation of financial systems during the transition of organization's focus on research and development into full-fledged sales and manufacturing operation. At Rock Solid Hardwoods I led the strategic planning and implementation for the transition from contract sales only to the addition of retail sales out of a showroom.
- Development of cost standards for process equipment, process media, labor, and installation packages.
- Development of financial models using cost standards to maximize cash flow and return on investment..
- Built strong business relationships with bankers and creditors which allowed for tremendous growth in sales and margins.
- Developed independent auditor relationships, business operations, human resources, performance/reward systems, risk management, employee benefits, and managed corporate counsel.
Financial Reporting / Performance against BudgetPeriodic financial reporting to executive management, board of directors, banks, and investors showing performance against budget and prior year including management discussion and variance analysis.
- Development, management and variance analysis of corporate budgets to actual and prior year performance at corporate and operating unit levels.
- Development, administration, and reporting of capital budgets at the corporate and operating unit levels.
- Hands on participation and directing accounting cycle through month end close and generation of consolidated financial statements.
- Job Cost Accounting and Percentage of Completion Accounting
Multi-company consolidations and inter-company accountingExceptional experience and ability in development of procedures and controls for inter-company transaction accounting and reporting. Developed consolidated general ledgers and financial statements for roll up of multiple companies or divisions.Acquisition of Loans and Lines of CreditDeveloped multiple business plans and proforma financials and successfully secured permanent financing and lines of credit. These efforts were key to business expansion.
- Managed and reported on credit facilities totaling $155,000,000 at Coleman Natural Foods.
- Debt covenant compliance analysis and reporting.
- Asset based lending and certificates of compliance
Strategic and Financial PlanningI have led two companies through the entire strategic planning process, including in-depth SWAT analysis and process reengineering and developed the corresponding financial plans. Both companies experienced double-digit sales growth as a result of the focus on core business strengths. Raised profit margin by 10 and 7 percent respectively
- Established operating and cash budgets from sales forecasts consistent with goals generated in the planning process.
- Reported performance against long range and annual operating plans.
CPA Relationship and Audits
- Managed relationship with independent CPA for audit functions.
- Hands-on reporting in audited financial statements as well as generation of audit footnotes
- Analyzed job cost and reported variances to department managers, which led to better cost control and improved area management.
- Financial, sales, and competitive analysis at both the segment and corporate levels.
- Ad hoc reporting to support multiple functional areas including production, marketing and sales, and finance group.
Production and Operations Management
- Developed internal engineering and production staff to shift from outsourcing of these functions. This led to increased gross margins.
- Established an internal job flow which improved efficiency and increased production capacity 45 percent.
- Reduced outsourcing by 60 percent and cut production costs by 25 percent.
- Introduced job cost accounting to track profitability of each job sold.
- Managed supply contracts with vendors and key customers.