Bilingual Metals Executive with a diversified background in engineering, manufacturing, distribution, sales, marketing, product and general management. Extensive experience leading international business development activities in both privately-held and public multinational corporate environments. Recognized for abilities to analyze large scale business opportunities and formulate innovative business plans that are both achievable and executable. Career history of using a cognitive and analytical approach to problem solving and business planning. Demonstrated effective team leadership and communication skills to convey plans and promote buy-in at all levels of the organization from the customer interface or production floor to C-level management.
*Extensive experience in both Domestic and International Business Unit Management with full P&L responsibility.
*Recognized for Tactical & Strategic Business Planning to include Situational Analysis, Action Planning, Budgeting, Defining Metrics and Deliverables, Communications, and Implementation.
*Experienced in Personnel Management (Hiring, Training & Mentoring, Motivation, Evaluation, and Performance/Pipeline Management).
*Proficiency in office/business efficiency software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, NetSuite, ManagePro, Business Plan Pro, etc.)
*20 years of International Experience including foreign residence with Import/Export, Legal/Regulatory, Human Resources and Cross-cultural expertise. Bilingual – English/Spanish; Familiar - English/Portuguese
Dec 2010 - Present
President / General Manager
· As General Manager of the firm, directed first year of operating profit through both internal and external engineering projects and finite element analysis services to oilfield services companies.
·Negotiated supply partnership agreement with ALCOA Oil & Gas for the exclusive sales & distribution rights for Aluminum Drill Pipe in the Western Hemisphere.
·Led development of an innovative Ultra Short Radius Drill Pipe for growing market of re-entry well drilling in older conventional fields.
·Acted as Project Lead for the design verification team providing FEA services and fatigue analysis for the first-in-the-world 30,000psi rated Pressure Control System for well completion.
·Directed the successful engineering, prototype manufacturing, and testing of a new high pressure riser component for offshore well intervention operations (patent pending).
Jan 2012 - Present
Sr. Vice President / Managing Director
·Responsible for all aspects of European operations of Titanium Engineers eff. January 10, 2012 (thefourth year of operation). Created organizational requirements and employment contracts. Established quality and inventory management, and transfer pricing policies as well as legal/accounting services.
·Established new offices (Titanium Engineers AS) in Stavanger, Norway to pursue product development funding with Statoil, Aker Solutions and Innovation Norway/Demo2000, Norwegian government technology development organizations. Hired first country manager for Norway/Scandinavia, effective July 1, 2012.
·Promoted to position of Senior Vice President for Titanium Engineers with additional responsibility for all business operations in North America effective August 1, 2012.
2009 - Dec 2010
Global Market Director - Oil & Gas
- Directed the Marketing Management of the Oil & Gas Products segment of the company with primary emphasis on worldwide growth.
- Worked with Country Managers to develop sales and pricing strategies that maximize competitiveness and profitability for each global target region.
2002 - 2008
Manager, Business Development - Mexico & Latin/South America
- Established the Quéretaro, México-based unit of Carpenter Specialty Alloys from startup for the purpose of marketing and distributing products in the Mexico/Latin America region.
- Recruited, hired, trained and managed staff to support the initial startup operation to a level of USD$30+ million in sales in 6 years.
- Leveraged the use of existing facilities, systems, and key shared services of an acquired Mexican entity (Aceros Fortuna S.A) to minimize costs and maximize return of the newly formed Mexico/Latin America Division.
- Conducted searches, contracted and trained a network of authorized sales agents to represent the company’s products in South America resulting in an over 300% increase in sales to the region.
- Acted as key liaison between the corporate executive management group and the Mexican corporation for the purpose of integrating business planning, best practices, and corporate culture into the corporation’s acquired Mexican entity leading to improved support for Latin American initiatives.
- Established relationships and negotiated numerous long term agreement (LTA) contracts valued at over $25mm per year with key multinationals operating in Mexico and Latin America.
- Performed market studies and analysis of potential acquisition candidates in Brazil in order to establish corporate footprint in the Mercosur region.
1993 - 2002
Southern District Manager
- Achieved 200% growth in sales over 9 years directing a multi-facility region consisting of sales and distribution facilities serving the Midwest and Gulf Coast of the United States.
- Formulated an oil and gas trepanned/tubular product strategy which resulted in $25 million in new sales to the region and ultimately spread to other regions around the world. This strategy generated over $50mm in new revenue streams worldwide.
- Recognized and exploited previously untapped independent distributor channels for high-service product lines in the oil patch. As a result, sales to distributors in the region grew from virtually nothing to over $25mm/year. This distributor channel strategy was ultimately adopted by the corporation in a major go-to-market policy shift which eventually encompassed an estimated $200mm+ in overall division sales.
- Utilized Novations®-inspired personnel assessments to realign sales force and support staff such that employee efficiency and effectiveness were markedly improved. Efforts resulted in 12% average annual growth rate in sales and profitability with 10% annual reductions in expense-to-sales ratios in the region.
- Directed and oversaw efficiency improvements in logistics and supply chain and inventory management within the region which resulted in overall reductions of approximately $1mm in annual overhead costs
Executive Education Programs
Bachelors Business Administration
Texas State University
Experienca Centro Cultural
Specialized immersion advanced language training - Spanish