Managing Advisa’s software engineering team with 8 direct reports. Responsibility for the entirety of the software product and technical platform including architecture, direction, compliance, security, maintenance, stability and reliability. Continuously builds and maintains the engineering team with individuals, structures and processes. Budget responsibility for the engineering team, IT infrastructure, software services and system operation costs. Ensures technical platform is evolving in direction with business needs and solves most accurate problems facing company vision.
Technical advisor and strategist as part of the executive management. Continuously working with vision, long term strategy short/long-term goals and organisation optimization in an ever changing market. Responsible for the technical perspective in strategic processes of both growth and retrenchment. Enables and supervises prognosis, assessment and planning of several vital business aspects. Secures sufficient focus on continuous stabilisation of the technical platform.
- Maintained and strengthened team spirit and cohesion across several challenging periods including significant reorganisations affecting the team itself and other parts of the company, financial difficulties, management changes, radical changes to the market, strategic redirections and failed projects. This included many things often rooted in working closely with each individual, building understanding, strong relationships and continuous opportunity for personal development.
- Increased system quality and reliability while reducing maintenance costs by reassessment of business needs and appropriate research in how these can be met most efficiently. Allowing for rethinking any aspect of existing solutions.
- Focused team efforts and motivation on what is most important by increasing transparency and understanding of company goals, financial status and investments in technology for setting direction towards company vision.
- Maximized each individual's potential for personal growth by establishing and securing clear and well-rounded responsibilities at developer level.
- Reduced stress and time spent on less valued and developing task by 50% by implementing and enforcing improved structures for handling support, bugs, technical debt and system-wide responsibilities.