Senior IT Security Analyst
Jun 2013 - Present
WYLE / Peerless Technologies Supporting the PACE III / PACE IV Contract at the NASA Glenn Research Center at Lewis Field
- Perform annual IT Security audits for various systems at NASA Glenn Research Center to insure that systems are compliant with the Federal Information Security Act (FISMA) of 2002 IT security standard.
- Stay up to date on National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security controls and other Federal and NASA IT standards in order to support system owners and their IT security needs.
- Act as Team Lead for the other FISMA Team members.
- Responsible for providing monthly reporting metrics based on security assessments
- Responsible for providing NASA Glenn Research Center (GRC) risk posture based on GRC System Security Plans (SSP)
- Provide consulting to GRC managers, supervisors, and workforce relating to IT Security, Privacy Controls, policies, processes, and standards based on NIST guidance
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the IT Security metrics by identifying new metrics, methodologies, and methods of reporting
- Provide security presentation periodically
- Develop, lead, and conduct security workflow
- Responsible for leading reviews of Agency and Center policies and standards
- Responsible for performing risk assessments on systems managing NASA data
- Responsible for conducting Contingency Plan reviews and Business Impact assessments
- Perform other duties as assigned that the support the IT Security Office