Software Development Manager - eCommerce and Group IT
As development manager at Syntell, I am accountable for the success of all projects and system delivery within the eCommerce and Group IT business units. Each project has a cross-team, cross-functional group of employees assigned to it. I work closely with a project manager, product manager and internal customer to define the most valuable work and to break it apart into appropriately sized chunks to be delivered.
- Monthly Executive meeting
- Presenting and explaining development delivery, development road map,
- Discuss strategic business plans for new development / products / service
- Monthly financial expenses, revenue and budget discussions
- Engage in ongoing collaboration with General Managers, Product Managers, Project Managers and other teams to continually strive for transparent and efficient working relationships.
- Develop and implement Centre of Excellence for the software development team members
- Coach and mentor employees in all aspects of software and career development
- Maintain and evolve measurement tools to assess the team’s effectiveness and report regularly to teams and leadership
- Implement and manage change within the team and across the organization
- Making process improvements as needed to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experiences.
- Collaborating closely with and assisting technical operations teams as required to ensure timely delivery of new systems that are fast and robust.
- Ensure that goals and development plans are put in place for all employees within the team.
- Ensure that regular feedback in addition to the annual and mid-year performance reviews is provided to all team members.
- Maintain broad strategic knowledge of the organization, initiatives, applications and systems
- Create a dynamic Development area implementing standards and processes