Vice President, Advocacy & Public Policy
Arthritis Foundation, Great West Region
Direct advocacy and public policy activities for 8-plus states, delivering results consistent with Foundation policy in a region with challenging health policy initiatives.
- Manage plan of work, goals, training, communications and compliance with state lobbying requirements.
- Manage indirect reporting relationships with staff in nine states, achieving consistently top tier advocacy recruitment and increasing region's advocate base by 400%.
- Effectively identify, assess, cultivate and place advocates from patient and provider backgrounds in appropriate opportunities to achieve legislative goals, including writing and coaching volunteers to testify.
- Coaching of volunteer and field staff resulted in legislative wins in CO, ID, OR, WA and UT.
- Facilitated formation of four state advocacy committees.
Drive legislative and policy efforts across the region, including direct lobbying in WA and OR.
- Led patient advocate efforts on a three-year effort in WA resulting in passage of biosimilars legislation that ensures patient protections, establishing the Foundation as key player and bringing together diverse stakeholders to focus on patients' needs.
- Built relationships with insurance commissioners resulting in regulatory wins in Washington and Montana.
Cultivate regional network of advocacy resources.
- Established strong relationships with the healthcare provider community to identify emerging policy issues, identify provider champions, and ensure referral of high-level advocates.
- Forged a professional network of patient advocacy professionals across the region.