2002 – PresentPharmasave Atlantic Drugs Ltd.
(Independently Owned, Franchised Drugstore Chain), Halifax, N.S.
District Operations Manager
·District of 75 independently owned franchised retail drugstores with an annual revenue of over $290 million.
· Assisting stores in achieving and exceeding objectives in all aspects of the business including Inventory Management, Product Procurement, Merchandising Standards, Human Resources, Financial Analysis, Store Planning, Loss Prevention, Recruiting, and Training, in a multi-unit environment.
· Recruiting of new prospective franchisees.
· Increasing efficiency and profitability in all day to day Operational activities.
· Working with all regional team members to develop and implement Shrink reducing methods for all stores across the region.
· Assisting stores in forecasting and implementing budgeting procedures.
· Assisting stores in recruiting, hiring, and training of Store Managers and other key staff members.
· All aspects of design and construction of the physical plant from concept to completion including customer flow and workflow analysis.
· Successfully aided stores in consistently achieving an average of 5% sales growth over the past 5 years in a region of 75 stores, while increasing sales margins.
· Implemented shrink reducing policies and procedures that reduced store loss an average of two percentage points per store over the past 5 years.
· Chosen as regional representative to help develop nationwide Best Practices and POS implementation piece for the national strategic plan in 2010-2011.
· Completed Architectural layouts for 60 of the 75 regional stores in AutoCAD format for company database.
· Developed in conjunction with the store owner, merchandise and fixture layout plans for over 50 stores to help maximize product placement and customer traffic.
· Coordinated openings of, and was responsible for, overall store design of 16 stores and implemented numerous renovations to others.
·Developed and introduced new training modules to help Store Managers achieve Operational Excellence in Hiring, Merchandising, Inventory Management and Loss Prevention.
· Implemented, designed and produced Regional Communication Newsletter.