- Spanish Mother tongue.
- English -Fluent
- German -Fluent
Change Agent, Strategic & Results-Oriented.
Sound managerial experience in leading international organization, 12+ years hands-on experience in each of the core business functions such as Business Development, Purchasing, Logistics-SCM, Manufacturing, Continuous Improvements, Quality, Project Management, Engineering and proven history transforming the organization demonstrating the ability to translate strategy into structured plans that produce value.
2005 - 2007
The Mexico Executive MBA focus on real-world examples and practical solutions to varied problems encountered by businesses, the program also gives special emphasis to the Mexican and Latin American business environments.
1989 - 1994
2007 - 2010
Operations & PMO Director for NAFTA
Responsible for maximizing Nafta’s operational efficiency of Logistics, Manufacturing and Purchasing in a global organization with about 3000 employees at 15 sites worldwide, taking an active roll in developing and implementing the proposed strategy designed to achieve Group`s Financial Targets. Monitoring the plan`s performance and presenting the progress to the Management.
·Successfully led a diverse multicultural highly qualified Team to resource 8 key products/components into NAFTA region, results showed EBITDA margin increases 7% or 1.7M$US for the period 2010-2014.
·Structuring cost enhancement initiatives for FY_2010 valued at 2.750 mio€ (1.0 Manufacturing, 0.5-Purchasing, 1.0-Sales, 0.25-Logistics) or 6% to EBITDA approved by the Board of Directors for Group’s global operations.
Additional duties: Member of the Asia-pacific Business-Development-Team.
2003 - 2007
Responsible for the performance of Logistics-SCM, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Impo-Expo, Forward Sourcing, Continuous Improvement Program & Purchasing as well as meeting high customer requirements (BMW, VW, Ford, GM, Chrysler). Developing budget spending, controlling labor and material efficiency and monitoring KPIs. Led a High-Performing working Team and at the same support their carrier planning and development.
- Restructuring of Logistics & Inventory Management, thru the implementation of polices and procedures for cycle counting, FIFO, traceability, Skip-lot, Kanban, SAP control, inventories accuracy rose from less than 75% to 99%±0.5 for both physical and financial values.
- Cost reductions of Up to 100T$US for airfreights, 60T$US for OH.
- 2005 establishment of Forward-Sourcing function, by the end of 2007 up to 750 RFQs launched, 150 parts with suppliers "A" and potential savings of up to 20% quantified.
- Renegotiating 10M$US direct material contracts for PQ34-VW car, got 3%x5 savings.
- Implementing systematic analysis to carriers and customs agents operations, which give the company cost reductions up to 300T$US / year.
- Consolidation of Lean Manufacturing, high autonomy of functional leaders and high employee engagement, sustainable 2-3% yearly productivity improvements, scrap below 0.5% to sales, OEE 80-83%, 2+ ideas x person x month with more than 90% participation.
- Recognitions: „VW Logistics Group-Award", BMW-SUMIS "100% on time deliveries"
Additional duties: Implementing maquila and production capabilities for aftermarket clutch business in Mexico. Building supply-chain for aftermarket brakes business among Taiwan-México-China.
1999 - 2003
FTE Mexicana SA de CV
Managing and transforming manufacturing operations Assembly, Injection-Moulding and Machining-CNC into a world class facility by driving the development and implementation of lean manufacturing principles across the entire organization. Reviewing and approving budgets, monitoring of cost reports, improving efficiency and productivity.
- Within 6 months designing, implementing and standardizing the Lean Manufacturing process, giving training on: JIT, TPM, Kanban, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, SMD, Visual Factory, OEE, Zero Defects, One-Piece-Flow, Problem-Solving techniques, to 220 employees.
- Introduction of Company's Idea-Program which focus on cost reduction and continues improvement, 2+ ideas generated per person x month, annual savings up to 200K$US.
- Establishment of continues improvements circles that focus on improving key indicators as: Scrap, Overtime, external-internal, PPMs, Unplanned-Downtime, Manufacturing-Cost, People Turnover and Inventories.
- Introduction of One-Piece-Flow, reaching Best-In-Class within 12 months after launching.
- Introduction of TPM Project resulting in 80-83% OEE
- 3% YoY productivity increase.
- Scrap reduction from 5% to less than 0.5% to sales.
- Quality Cost from 2.5% to less than 0.2% to sales.
- PPMS external 50
- External recognitions: 2002 Dana corporation "Excellent in Manufacturing Group Award", 2003 VW North America „Volkswagen Quality Group Award"
Additional duties: Transfer of 3 production-lines from USA to México, 6 significant product launches ej. Volkswagen-México-Jetta PQ35. Active member of the ISO/TS16949 & ISO-14000 certification