Vice President, Information Technology
Selected to drive strategic vision as executive team member and collaborator, produce strategies to improve client service levels, maximize capital expense ROI, and implement scalability to support the aggressive growth of this real estate and financial services firm. Directed infrastructure, telecom, cloud-computing, support services, web, SEO, extranet, training, and software engineering projects for a portfolio of assets valued in excess of $1.5B. Recruited and directed 25 exceptional team members. Introduced Agile and RAD methodologies which provided full visibility to management as well as a 70% delivery improvement for technology projects. Additional achievements include:
- Vision, design and implementation of technology strategy, infrastructure, build-out, and staffing for this new organization.
- Annual reduction in technology recurring expenditures of 1.1MM for ERP systems (Dynamics GP, MRI, and Yardi) vs. outsourcing while delivering improved service levels.
- Championed VMware technology based private cloud initiatives in 2008, providing the organization with tremendous new capabilities while reducing the company’s hardware expenditures by 80% through virtualization.
- Internalized support services eliminating outsourcing contracts at a savings >320K per year.
- Designed and managed software development effort for the company’s unique electronic payables solution, customer-facing web presence and SEO, and electronic payment systems which collected in excess of 24MM in payments during the first year of operation.
- Proposed, planned, and executed a zero-downtime migration of messaging platform from legacy Exchange 2003 environment to Exchange 2010 utilizing internal resources, saving the company’s assets more than 1MM in consulting and technology services.
- Defined and implemented the organization’s SharePoint-based collaboration platform, providing a customized, workflow-based, centralized information resource for the entire organization.
- Introduced Open-Source platforms, architectures, and solutions to the real estate management industry for the first time, demonstrating the viability of this approach with multiple millions in savings and additional revenues each year.
- Orchestrated migration of the company’s three datacenters to new facilities with a lead time of 30 days while maintaining 100% operational availability.