Director of Vocational Advancement
Union Gospel Mission, Spokane WA
- I manage the operations of the Vocational Education Centers at the Union Gospel Mission's 4 locations in Spokane, WA and Ceour d' Alene, ID
- Developed and implemented the PADMAN Work Therapy Evaluation process in order to increase the preparedness of residence for re-entering the work force
- Responsible for Business Practicum Partner recruitment and development
- Oversee the placement of 30+ Business Practicum candidates per year
- Maintained an 88% job placement rate for individuals completing the Employment Readiness and Life Recovery Programs
- Oversight of $200,000+ budget
- Develop, train, and supervise a team of 25 dedicated staff and volunteers
- Conducted daily academic and technology classes
- Taught, tutored, and tracked all educational subjects with Individual Education Plans
- Provide crisis intervention and counseling for LIFE Recovery program clients
- Oversee the workability, in partnership with IT Department, of 90 windows based computers
- Responsible for the development and implementation of career education classes and job coaching for the Employment Readiness Program and Life Recovery Program
- Promoted 2 times, eventually becoming Department Head and Director.
- Oversaw, as part of a team, the development of two new Vocational Education Centers.