A Senior Financial Management Executive with over 15 years of experience in a variety of industries and companies ranging from small private to large public corporations.An integral member of senior management teams with proven problem solving, leadership, strategic planning, and persuasion skills.Particular expertise in IT management including software and hardware evaluation, sourcing, and implementation.A strong background in ERP systems including Timberline, MAS 90, Oracle, and SAP; with the ability to develop strategic reports to guide senior management.Well known for having an entrepreneurial spirit, being a roll-up-the-sleeves manager who can get the job done as well as developing and supervising high performance teams.
2015 - Present
Prequel Solutions, LLC
Conduct federal grant program monitoring and provide technical assistance in accordance with the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development requirements.
2012 - 2014
The County of Montgomery
Auditor in Charge: County Departments, ROW Offices, Tax Collectors, Magisterial District Courts, etc. Evaluate internal controls and legal compliance. Prepare audit reports and related statistical, accounting, and financial statements. Provide training. Monitor flow of state and federal funding to County offices. Assist external auditors. Follow up on corrective action plans related to audit findings. Develop account analyses for risk assessment.
2010 - 2013
Lead Financial Consultant
Synergy Success Coaching & Network, LLC
2009 - 2010
G.C. Zarnas & Co., Inc.
Primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities. Direct responsibilities include: accounting, financial reporting, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, and treasury management.
2009 - 2009
Chief Financial Officer
Managed Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Contract Administration, Risk Management, and Administration. Focus on project profitability, job cost, sales contracts, strategic planning, forecasting, change order management, estimating, and inventory control.
- Turn-around:concentration on higher margin business, reduced expenditures through delaying or elimination.Results: Went from losses in four of the last five years to profitable in just three months.
- Developed labor burden rates for direct employees. Implemented standardized labor burden rate usage in the estimating phase. Results: ability to compare acutal results to estimate.
2006 - 2008
CFO, VP of Finance
Cavan Construction Co., Inc.
Managed Accounting, Human Resources, Contract Administration, Risk Management, Information Technology, and Administration.Oversaw real estate holding company financial reporting. Active participation in monthly Partnership and Strategic Planning meetings.
- Implemented cash management system, resulting in improved capital utilization & reduced usage of credit line saving $25,000 in interest fees over a six month period.
- Developed cost overrun reporting providing the management team with timely and accurate cost variance information. Resulted in containing cost overruns.
- Overhauled in-house payroll process to fully utilize Timberline capability, resulting in reduction of weekly processing time by three work days.
- Realigned and consolidated financial department job functions by eliminating poor performers, recruiting new talent, cross training, and documentation of duties resulting in process improvement.
- Negotiated Credit Line interest rate reductions of 75 and 85 basis points in 2006 and 2007 respectively
2003 - 2006
Financial Advisor, Registered Representative
Prudential Financial, Inc.
Built a book of business providing financial solutions and advice to individuals and small to mid-size companies.
- 2003 Rookie of the year - highest average weekly first year commissions
- Designations and licenses:Series 7, Series 66, Life & Health, Property & Casualty
2001 - 2003
Universal Concrete Products Corporation
Managed Accounting, Human Resources, Contract Administration, Risk Management, Information Technology, and Administration.
- Designed and implemented procedures for collections, payments, and daily cash management.Results:Average Days in Receivables went from 107 days to 62 days within four months.Average Days in Payables went from 33 days to 46 days while maintaining excellent vendor relations.
- Coordinated sale of 3 production plants. Closed the multimillion-dollar deal within one month.
- Orchestrated the conversion of the 401K investments advisor and administrator improving investment results for employees.
1998 - 2001
HCI East Falls Corporation
Managed Accounting, Quality System, Information Technology, Call Center, and Administration.
- Implemented a cash maximization program resulting in improved daily cash management, faster collections, relaxed credit terms, and the ability to take advantage of selected discounts.Resulted in savings of over $18,000 in five months.
- Designed and implemented procedures that resulted in vastly improved inventory management.Results: write-offs were reduced by 85% and gross margin increased by 11% in ten months.
- Built a staff of five into a high performance team through careful recruiting and continuous training and improvement
- Led implementation of ISO 9002 Quality system in 9 months, reducing previous implementation time by 50%
1996 - 1998
Financial & IT Solutions
Provided financial management and information technology implementation consulting to small and mid-size companies. Projects include:
Total Renal Care, Inc., Berwyn, PA. Coordinated transfer of G/L function due to acquisition.
- The PQ Corporation, Valley Forge, PA. Cost Accounting system conversion from IBM mainframe to SAP R/3.
- NovaCare, Inc., King of Prussia, PA. Accounts Receivable system conversion from a UNIX based system to an in-house PC based product.
1994 - 1996
Rees Industrial, Inc.
Managed Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Administration.
- Implemented Local Area Network upgrade, both software and hardware
- Implemented MAS 90 upgrade / User Training / Development of User Manuals
- Took aggressive action to reestablish excellent relations with vendors, customers, and banking; turning poor relationships into business partnerships.
- Implemented new project review procedures to provide timely and accurate information to management team resulting in a 20% increase of gross profit in six months
- Converted to new health care provider resulting in improved coverage with an 8% premium reduction
- Negotiated long-term financing with the bank / Obtained financing for a start-up company (Collegeville Supply)
1988 - 1994
Northeast Regional Accountant
Northeast Regional Accountant, Industrial Automation and Control Division
1992 to 1994
Provided financial leadership for the Northeast Region, a $150 million operation. Conducted comprehensive analysis of profitability performance versus plan, developed financial plans and forecasts, monthly close, and project reviews.
- Developed and implemented new monthly reporting procedures that resulted in timely financial information delivered electronically to the vice president. Divisional management was impressed enough to request implementation in all five regions of the US.
Financial Planning and Reporting Staff Accountant
1990 to 1992
Cost of Sales Accountant
1989 to 1990
Financial Planning and Reporting Associate Accountant
1988 to 1989
1990 - 1993
MBA, Management Information Services
La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA
GPA: 3.8 / 4.0
1985 - 1988
Villanova University, Villanova, PA
GPA: 3.5 / 4.0