Business Development / Business Law
Joe Coyle Business Law Attorney
Business Law / Business Development Attorney
A multi-level perspective –
• As a Project Manager and Designer
• As a Commercial Contractor
• A legal professional
Demonstrated in the diverse projects below:
1. Renal Threshold - Outline available upon request
Jan 2007 – Present
I have strategically partnered with the Tulalip Tribes and the Indian Health Services (IHS). My consumer
facing project accomplishes:
• Early identification - 30% increase in early identification goals
• Early intervention – tight glucose monitoring, statin drug therapy and lifestyle
changes have decreased preventable complications in those chronically ill by 40%
• Education for those most at risk - case management professionals have noted
a 75% follow through completion ratio.
• Leveraging Health Information Technology - Patients make the right decisions
when given the right information. IT empowers the patient to make the right
I meet functional, budgetary and resource challenges by providing a solution that is
capable of being managed by minimal internal resources -The cost per Quality Adjusted
Life Year added with my methodology is less than $1,000 (current testing costs
$73,5000 per QALY).
2. Clearview Clinic / Providence Hospital
Jan 2008 – Present
LEAD RE ATTORNEY - MERGER AND ACQUISITION
Project lead representing The Clearview Clinic in the M and A by Providence Health and
Services. Combining business development with business law:
• Real Estate Development and Non Traditional Financing Options - The
private financing of tenant improvements at the Clinic allows the buyer to
• Strategic Advisor - A long term lease will mutually benefit the buyer and
the seller. Seller will gain an A+ tenant and long term commercial paper
that can be financially leveraged up to 85% of the value. Buyer will be
able to defer the cost of acquisition and slowly expand their lease with an
option on more space
• Strategic Advisor - Providence will require an IT infrastructure that is
compatible with other Providence networks. An easement to bring a fiber
optic line into the clinic has proactively eliminated this need. Ingress and
egress issues have been satisfied by filing a private road easement
and meeting county public works standards.
• Negotiations and Deal Structure - The parties both stand to gain by fully
cooperating with each other. I have first established common ground and
then built the deal thereon.
3. Slygo Incorporated
Jan 2008 – Present
OWNER / PRESIDENT / OF COUNSEL / BROKER
I create, negotiate and oversee the successful implementation of professional service
agreements. My primary client is a publicly traded REIT (Essex Property Trust). Each
project I design follows a methodology that identifies goals, sets budgets, builds teams
and defines the scope of work as follows:
• I supply my network (team) of outside professional service providers with a scope of
work document that includes a Request For Proposals.
• For each project segment, a cost proposal is solicited.
• I analyze, negotiate and compare the proposals. The analysis will often include
creating a scalable mock up of a project segment.
• The information I gather from the mock up is scaled as I compile costs for the entire
• I analyzing cost control systems by comparing like project segments in the industry.
By ensuring that my suppliers (team members) are healthy, they offer information that
I would not otherwise be able to obtain.