2017 - 2020 - Enrolled (part time - Online Correspondence)
This programme focuses on different aspects of managing or dealing with people and is complemented by courses covering broader business topics.
When this degree is achieved, the qualification enables the following:
- have strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- understand a variety of business concepts, processes and procedures relevant to public and private organisations
- be able to identify opportunities, solve problems and achieve business objectives by the use of suitable techniques with reference to ethical frameworks
- be able to critically evaluate the international, cross-cultural, economic, social and legal environments within business functions
- be able to anticipate, adapt to and promote changes important to a business
- have a more developed understanding of your major area of specialisation, including the ability to select and apply appropriate qualitative andquantitative techniques.
This qualification prepares for a career in a variety of specialist roles such as human resources, employee relations, recruitment, training and development, workplace relations, or for more general administration and management roles where there may be a responsibility for managing people.