- Has been working for 25 years and held positions in various developing consulting services, project finance consulting and corporate assessment in petrochemical, oil & gas industry and engineering companies. In the pension fund industry pioneered the corporate government establishment on Brazilian pension funds in close work with Brazilian Coporate Government Institute – IBGC. Prior to that worked (Grupo Ultra - Ultragaz and Ultratec) close to the government officials for the first Natural Gas National Program, and in a program to utilise natural gas as urban mass transportation fuel.
- Held positions as a trainee in IPT – Sao Paulo Technological Institute and Goodyear. Begun to work as a trainee and held different positions in Nordon Metallugic Industries and Grupo Ultra (Ultragaz/Ultratec) working in petroleum offshore platforms installation and planning and afterwards in commercial issues preparing bids and contract management.
- Has a strong sense of ethics and know how to deal with government and complex customers, how to solve troubleshooting in stress situations and on contracts and customers management.
Assingment for position related to:
- Business network and corporate affairs
- Business Development and operations setup
- Innovation and Technology
- Corporate and Governance Affairs
- Sales and Marketing
- To seek a managerial position in a competitive, progressive and dynamic working environment where I can add value by drawing on my professional experience and background while gaining further expertise to contribute effectively towards the growth of the organization;
- Business development and sales opportunities being a member of a leader organization team and performing a challenging career;
- Project and enterprise management;
- Corporate Governance and PR - government liaison activities.
Oct 2012 - Feb 2013
New Business Development Consultant
Map of opportunities for new joint ventures and start up of international companies in Brazil – Offshore Oil & Gas Industry;
Opportunities within Offshore Oil & Gas market for new business (equipment, services).
Jul 2010 - Jan 2012
Business Development Consultant
Business Development for engineering services, industrial installations, maintainance and EPC projects for energy (power plants), oil & gas (FPSO platforms and modules, refineries - from upstream to downstream), mining, siderurgy and transport infrastructure (subrails, rails, airports).
- Business development and opportunities (engineering, erections and electro mechanical installations, industrial and electrical maintenance, project finance and EPC contracts) in industries where MPE has expertise (oil & gas, mining, siderurgy and transport infrastructure).
- Development of market studies in North and Northeast regions, setup of new branch in Sao Luis – MA, market opportunities for MPE focusing mining, oil & gas, energy and transport infrastructure (subway, airports, ports).
- Development of structured operations and project finance to be offered to Petrobras with receivables guarantee and offbalance, for specific projects (Premium I refinery, COMPERJ, gas pipelines).
- MPE qualification as Vale services supplier, for electromechanical, electrical and steel frames, for based contracts on unitary and global prices, EPC and EPCM.
- Partnership development with Sinopec, for electrical, instrumentation and automation subcontratcs e procurement advisory.
- Business development and opportunities for contracts and subcontracts in new investments from MPX, OGX and OSX.
- Partnership estructuring with Australian companies for new airport PPP´s.
- Business opportunities and development for submersible tanks in partnership with university and Transpetro.
- Partnership for subcontracts with Duro Felguera, aiming new power plants and wind plants.
- Partnership with CEMAR/Equatorial Energia for services in Maranhao State.
Member of the team working on Petrobras proposals (modules packages for FPSO´s proposal EPC contract for Guara and Tupi fields, Refinery Premium I Substations and Power Lines) and on Vale and MRN proposals (new Port and Mining Industrial Installations) .
Clients: Petrobras, Vale, Alcoa, Infraero, MRN, EMAP, CEMAR, Eletronorte, Grupo EBX.
May 2009 - Jun 2010
Real Estate and Properties Manager
BERJ Rio de Janeiro State Bank
- General management and control (rental, financing, management, maintenance and attorney affairs) of 831 real estate properties (farm lands, offices and residential buildings).
Preparing banking issues and real estate assets for auction; Bradesco Bank won the auction with US$1.2 Billion.
Dec 2007 - Feb 2009
Business Development Manager - Americas
- Responsible for identifying opportunities in Public Health and Agriculture, building local relationships and executing deals.
- Design, negotiate and execute deals for the development and commercialization of Oxitec’s technology in the Americas.
- Seek out sources of grant funding for mosquito-borne disease control and agriculture pests. Ensure that procedures are in place to comply with terms.
- Build and manage relationships with government and commercial organizations, and other key influencers important to the adoption of Oxitec’s vector control solution, focusing on the Americas (in particular in Brazil).
- Build up key person network for business development in Brazil and in Latin America.
- Create a business plan for Oxitec in Brazil.
Clients: Fiocruz, Ministério da Saúde, USP, Syngenta, Moscamed do Brasil.
Sep 2004 - Oct 2007
Tora Empreendimentos e Vendas
- Logistic manager for ISB team during the XV Pan American Games. ISB was the official Host Broadcaster of the games. Contract worth US$22 milion. Directly responsible for a 100 people team for activities such as flights, host organization, transportation, catering, personnel timesheet and cost control, office supplies, mobilization and demobilization, compound layout, security of installations.
Clients: ISB – International Sports Broadcasting, COB – Brazilian Olympics Committee
- Business development and industrial enterprises development; risk and insurance services; project finance. Insurances worth between US$10 million and US$25 million.
Clients: MMC – Marsh & McLennan (Marsh Corretora de Seguros), CAPEMI, Real Engenharia, CELG.
- Business Development Manager responsible for Logistics new activities in Air Cargo Terminal – Cabo Frio International Airport; importation, exportation and drawback operations and bonded warehouse activities.Directly responsible for US$45 million imports on business jets;Structuring of financing proposal for U.S. Agency TDA – Trade and Development Agency; Development of industrial bonded warehouse for oil & gas companies.
Clients: Halliburton, TAM, Aeroleo, Petrobras, Weatherford, Transocean, Maersk, Aker Kvaener, Clariant, Varco.
Dec 2003 - Sep 2004
Business Development Manager
- Responsible for business development, marketing and sales of Control Process Systems, Automation Process Design, Advanced Control and High Integrity Safety System Solutions.
- Overall Leak Detection System for oil and gas pipelines and platforms, US$36 million contract. Clients: Petrobras, Light, Modec/Shell.
Mar 1996 - Oct 2002
PETROS - Petrobras Pension Fund
- Presidency Assessment concerning the evaluation of asset management and portfolio investments and corporate processes to be submitted on Board of Directors.
- Responsible for the secretariat (analysis, presentation, decisions writing and authentication of 1,961 processes on board meetings); corporate and government affairs.
- Responsible for the implementation of various IT systems within the organization, such as Lotus Notes, document imaging, central archive and document management.
- Coordinator of the Social Balance and Sustainability Reports and investment social impacts.
- Responsible for Corporate Governance concepts and structure within the organization.
- Implementation of process modeling, management systems, solutions development and business education.
- Strategic-planning and ISO 9000 quality systems follow-up and revisions.
Clients: Petrobras, BR, Sanasa, Repsol, Braskem, Copesul, Copene, IBP, Petroquímica Triunfo, PQU, Ultrafértil.
Mar 1989 - Mar 1996
Director and Project Manager
- Responsible for overall managing and business development and sales.
- Project finance consultant and corporate assessment for business development in the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industries.
- Colloquia and seminars organization in the field of environment, energy, natural gas, business development and executive business opportunities visits in major Brazilian enterprises
- Feasibility studies for new industrial plants related to Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industries.
Technical and business consultant for the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industries
- Commercial Overture in Brazilian Petrochemical Industry: Case Study for Thermoplastics (04/1994)
- Brazilian Petrochemics & International Petrochemics (12/1993)
Client: Odebrecht Quimica
- Modeling and Economic-technical Evaluation for the Privatization of Petrobras Quimica – Petroquisa Shares in Copene and other companies located in Camacari Petrochemical Complex – Acrinor, Coperbo, Polialden, Nitrocarbono, Ciquine, Politeno, EDN and Nitroclor. (6/1993)
Client: BNDES – Brazilian Social and Development Bank
- Technical Feasibility Study for an Oil Refinery in Suape, Pernambuco
Client: Pernambuco State Development Agency (12/1992)
- Brazilian Petrochemical Industry – Profile and Opportunities
Client: Unipar – Uniao de Industrias Petroquimicas (11/1992)
Business development and liaisons consultant
- Advisor and consultancy for the Cubatao Municipality on Environmental Actions. (1991 – 1992)
Client: Cubatao Municipality
- Business advisor and consultant at selected clients (Petrobras, Comgas, Cemig, Copene and Copesul) (1990 – 1991)
- Development and Business opportunities - Petrobras investments.
Client: Cegelec Engenharia – a GEC-Alsthom company
- Host Organization Brazil – Global Leadership Program Consultant and Host Organization / Brazil of the Global Leadership Program – GLP a joint program between Insead – France, Hitotsubashi University – Japan headed by The University of Michigan in which vice-presidents and executives of large companies from the USA, Japan an Europe took part. Identification of investment opportunities in emerging markets; the training period included four different working groups visiting Brazil, Russia, China and India. Participants in Brazil: vice-presidents and executives of Eastman Kodak, Fiat, IBM, Kao Corporation, Nippon Life Insurance, NTT, Sony Corporation and University of Michigan. (1990 – 1991)
Client: University of Michigan Business School
Colloquia and seminars organization
- Environment and Pollution Recovery in a Industrial City, – Cubatao (1991)
- International Seminar on Environment – Rio de Janeiro (1991)
- Private Seminar for Petrobras – Expertise presentation for Cegelec Engenharia, Setpoint, Comsip, Bailey – Alcatel/Alsthom companies (1991).
- Natural Gas International Conference – Brasilia (1990)
- Presentation of investment opportunities in Brazilian oil industry – Platforms and Refineries Automation – Setpoint, Houston, Texas (1991)
Sep 1984 - Feb 1989
Ultratec EngenhariaSales manager (February 1986 – February 1989)
- Responsible for Petrobras contract claims and EPC contracts management and optimization. Contract worth from US$400,000 to US$70 million.
- Team member structuring new services in petroleum well stimulation secondary recovery.
- Relationship development with Petrobras structure viewing new business opportunities.
Clients: Petrobras (Engenharia, E&P, CENPES, Transpetro, Petroquisa), Copene, Copesul
Director Advisor (September 1984 - February 1986)
- Development of a compressed natural gas - CNG distribution program.
- Representative in-group studies structuring a National Gas Implementation Planning.
- Development of a CNG distribution program - Bahia, Sergipe, Rio Grande do Norte and Pernambuco.
- Government Affairs and institutional partnership in editing and reviewing new legislations and pertinent discussions.
Clients: Petrobras, CNP – Petroleum National Council, National Congress, Mines and Energy Ministry
Feb 1981 - Sep 1984
Nordon Ind. Metalurgicas
- Sales and business development: EPC contracts in oil & gas and petrochemical industries.
- Analysis, coordination and claim negotiations in construction and installations contracts for the oil & gas and petrochemical industries. Contract worth from US$600,000 to US$20 million.
- Planning engineer responsible for a construction/installation of offshore platforms and modules.
Clients: Petrobras (Engineering, E&P, Petroquisa), Copene, Copesul, Petroquímica Triunfo
Jan 2005 - Dec 2005
- History of Ancient Philosophy – Fundamentals
- Greek-roman Culture
- History of Modern Philosophy – Fundamentals
- History of Medieval Philosophy – Fundamentals
- History of Contemporary Philosophy – Fundamentals
- Thomism Philosophy on Contemporary Times
- Special Topics on Ancient and Medieval History
- Ethics and Moral
- Special Topics on Modern and Contemporary History
- Learning and Research Methodology
Jan 1999 - Dec 1999
MBA - Oil & Gas Business
- Data Acquisition – Petroleum Systems
- Risk and Control Systems Analysis
- Investment Energy
- Corporate Management and Strategies
- Planning Analysis
- Alternative Fuels
- Decisions Taking – Geological Principles (case study)
- Partnerships, Joint Ventures and Contracts
- Oil and Gas Economy
- Oil and Gas Legislation (fiscal and law aspects, consortiums)
- Rigging, Installations and Production
- Geological Process Quantification
- Energy Economics
- Oil and Gas Industry Conformation
- Project Management
- Measurement and Arbitration
- IT and Knowledge Management
- Law Adjustments and reviewing
- Fiscal Planning
- Importation and Exportation
- Merger and Acquisitions
- Project Finance
- Environmental Impacts – Oil and Gas Industry