- Collect operational data and make analyses reports to forecast expenses and budgets
- Analyze capital budgeting requests
- Design and implement advanced solutions based on collected data
- Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Report on breakeven points/margins by products, cost centers, and production lines
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries
- Evaluate production costs, gains & losses and month-end closing data
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end closing
- Examines and reviews unusual cost records and ensures cost data is allocated correctly
- Coordinate physical inventory counts, investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Update standard costs on a regular basis
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements
- Providing information for external audits
- Coordinate with IT department for system issues, maintenance and development
- An ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way
- Determines and implements cost accounting procedures and methods
- Able to priorities workloads and oversee completion of monthly and financial period reports by the accounting team.
- High level of integrity, being trustworthy and respectful of confidential information.
- Confidence in liaising with regulatory representatives and professionals in external organizations
- Strengths in information technology skills, particularly accounting packages and systems.